Check It: DADI |

 




Back to Rio

Omaha Hi/Lo, I barely knew thee. Yet, you already turned on me, you vile Omawhore! Yep. Yesterday, the Omaha hi/lo game took a turn for the worse. Fortunately, my new and improved Spidey Sense (danger! your poker play is sub-optimal!) told me that I had to get the hell out of Dodge, so I made it out with only a $25 loss at .25/.50 and an under $10 loss at .10/.25. Multi-tabling is back in effect, baby!

With that red number on my spreadsheet (red denotes a losing day, folks...you know I can't spoon feed you everything), I decided to take a chance with the ole Rio again. And what a Rio it was! First place in my first Rio landed me a $37 profit. Third place in my second Rio landed me another $1 on top.

Look, people, I hate to proselytize, but here it comes. And worse yet, I'm plugging too. Do you like money? Do you play low stake SNGs ($20 and under), and want to move up a level, while building your bankroll AND lowering variance. Then sign up for Noble Poker from this link or that perty banner on the right. Here's the deal. Noble has a 50% bonus for first time depositors, up to $250 in bonus dough. You earn it in $10 increments, with 500 pts = $10, which is released immediately. If you are an SNG player, like me, you can earn pts with SNGs (a lot of sites, such as Ultimate Bet, only allow raked hands in ring games to count). If you play in the Rios, you get 60pts per Rio ($20+$3 fee, 20 pts per fee dollar). So, for every 9 Rios (actually 8.33 or so), you get $10 bonus money. That is more than a dollar off of each tourney.

But wait, there is more. The thing about Rios are, they are low variance, quick, and have an interesting bonus included. I know, you've heard it before, but RiverRun and others will tell you that it ain't just hype. And take a look at my old posts. I've played at Noble before and I'm back again because it's such a good site (especially with the Rios). The Rios are 6 player SNGs that take about 30 minutes, start to finish. Top 3 places pay, so you are going to be in the money 50% of the time. Basically, play tight and let some of the push monkeys (Noble has some terrible players) knock themselves out. Once you are in the money, turn it on and take first, without fear of losing and taking 3rd. 3rd is only $1 profit. 2nd is $13 or so. 1st is $37. If you get 1st 6 times in a row, you win a $25,000 bonus. If you place 1st or 2nd 6 times in a row, you get a $300 bonus. There is just so many freaking ways to win, it makes me want to vomit!

And, look, I'm shilling for Noble, yes. But I've been a fan of Noble for a long time. In fact, one of my favorite posts, The Mystery of the Missing Rake, was about Noble. So, it comes with my sincere seal of approval. In fact, you can email me at highonpokr@yahoo.com and I'll hook you up with a special extra something for signing up with Noble. I'd tell it here, but the Powers That Be might not take kindly to it.

There you have it. Omaha hi/lo is in the crapper (temporarily) and Rios helped save another losing day. I just can't get enough.

posted by Jordan @ 2:07 PM,

15 Comments:

At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love me some Rio's...

 
At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

O8 isn't as easy as it seems? :)

If you have Super System II, the O8 section is VERY good but ignore the "bluffing" sections as those moves are for opponents with IQs over their shoe size (and you won't find them at a quarter PLO8 table).

 
At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unless you are nut peddling, be careful with PLO games. I think you said $75 was a 10% loss to your bankroll, so I think you're not sufficiently br'ed enough to play a .25/.50 PLO game.

Or, not sufficiently enough if you bail after losing $35 in a session.

Then again, I only have $1200 online and I'll multi-table 1-2 NL :D

 
At 6:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Omaha Hi/Lo, that bitch... How dare she!

 
At 6:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol.

 
At 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just try not to loosen up your game. I've been through that before where I'm on a winning streak and start loosening up my game. The key to low-limit O8 is to keep your starting hand requirements tight.

Is there O8 on NoblePoker? I'm thinking of signing up to try the rios, but as you've recently discovered for yourself... O8 is also my ATM.

Keep up the great blog.

 
At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Long time lurker, that's true, but the key is to not think about results at all and just make the correct decision in every single hand you play, no matter what.

I didn't say it was easy. Lol.

 
At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lurker, the O8 that I discuss is on Noble. Noble is the same as Titan, so if you've used Titan, you know what to expect. Same players, same tables, same everything for the most part. And remember, if you sign up for Noble, use that perty banner on the right. Thanks guys.

 
At 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You explain what 'Red' means but what does "proselytize" as i am one with an IQ lower than my shoe size.

 
At 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be depositing $500 on Noble soon for that bonus.

How does their point system work? Is it 1 point for every $1 of rake?

These bonuses used to be so much easier. Now you really need to play 2/4 limit+ to clear them relatively quickly.

 
At 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tom. If you are going to sign up for Noble, I'd greatly appreciate if you do it by clicking on the banner on this page at the top.

As for bonus clearing, my experience with Noble has been good. It's 500 crowns per $10 bonus (released in $10 increments). Any .25-.50 rake = 1 crown. .51-1.00 = 2 crowns. 1-1.50 = 4, and so on. You get 20 crowns for every $1 in SNG or tournament fees, so if you are playing Rios, about 9 Rios = $10 bonus, which works out to more than a dollar bonus per Rio. Not too shabby.

Thanks again.

 
At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shit, damn, piss...OK I'll goto dictionary.com

 
At 2:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kip, its important for you to take some effort and look this stuff up. But I'll give it to you this once.

Proselytize is a verb, meaning to preach in an effort to convert people. For instance, the crazy guy on the corner with Jesus Loves You fliers is proselytizing. Similarly, if I keep telling you to try the deep chocolate peanut butter at haggen daaz (mmmm), I can be said to be "proselytizing". Traditionally, though, its used re: religions.

 
At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your da man!!!

Thanks!

 
At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be using the link on your site. I used to read yours steadily a while back and then I lost all my poker bookmarks when I bought a new PC, but I stumbled across it again. So, uh, there's the story.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home