Check It: DADI |

 




Lazy Friday

What a day. It's been a bit odd here at the office this week. As you may recall, not too long ago I was on my deathbed thanks to GERD, while working my ass off at the office, preparing and assisting with a trial, and gearing up for two more trials. At that time, it felt like the pressure of it all would never end. I think I'm good under pressure. I'm probably more efficient at the very least. Well, as it turned out, both of the upcoming trials were put off for a month or more, so I found myself with an interesting new predicament...I have everything under control.

I have motions out on several cases, and frankly, when a motion is out, the case is essentially put on hold until the motion is heard in front of the Court (we lawyers capitalize the word Court so that we show some sort of respect or something). I believe that is the case for about 4 of my 12 cases. One just resolved (to the tune of $500,000 verdict for our client), two are ready for trial but pushed back, and the other ones are sort of in stasis.

End result, I've been keeping buys keeping busy today. But I don't need to stay as late as usual (my guilty conscience probably will anyway) and I'm finding pockets in the day where I can actually relax. It's rather nice...and unnerving.

So the WPBT Summer Classic is coming together. Unfortunately, its scheduled on July 7th, while I'll be in Jamaica with wifey Kim. Truth be told, I don't know how so many bloggers are able to afford all of the trips. If I win the DADI 5 for the WSOP seat, I'm going to have to do a bit of shuffling to pay for airfare and hotel. But lets be honest, if I win, IF I win, I'll make it work.

With that in mind, let me encourage people to sign up for the DADI 5 even ASAP. This is for a few reasons. First, it is a bit pricier than our usual $10+1 stakes, so it might help to lock in your dough now, so down the line you don't even have to think about it. Also, we NEED 54 people to sign up to send someone to the WSOP. So, it would do me and Trip a lot of good to know in advance that we are close. Finally, when people start to sign up, it seems to be like one of them snowballs in the cartoons rolling downhill. It starts the momentum and usually crushes Wile E. Coyote (albeit, he's in the desert, but I'm running out of obscure references).

With the weekend fast approaching, I'm also gearing up for some poker goodness. I started a reload promo at Titan. I figured I could work it off while playing their Rio 6-person Jackpot SNGs (big $ for 1st place, 5 times in a row, decent $ for 1st or 2nd 5 times in a row). Last night I lost one of them, after losing a $20 SNG on FullTilt. I'm not 100% comfortable with these $20 SNGs yet (except for Rios because 3 out of 6 seats pay), but I want to move up, even if my bankroll is now just shy of $800 thanks to a $200 withdrawal.

I don't know what to expect, poker-wise, this weekend. I have to give a huge thank you and sorry to wifey Kim, because I've noticed my poker addiction, cough cough, um hobby, has been a bit ever-present lately. The urge to play is nary constant and unstoppable. But, as I've always said, it isn't an addiction if you are winning.

For tonight, I hope to play some with GCox late at night when wifey Kim has passed out. (Didn't I just say something about playing too much?) It feels odd, but I haven't seen the guy online for a while, mostly because of our different timing and commitments. Bottom line is, I like playing with our Poker Degenerate crew, and I've probably played more with GCox than with any other blogger. Hopefully, we'll be hitting up UB later. Don't know why UB. Maybe its nostalgia from the SNG Challenge.

Other than that, wifey Kim and I have a mostly commitment-free weekend. Saturday will be spent walking around the city. Wifey Kim has her eye on a dress she wants to buy, and I wanted to pick something up for the namesake. Saturday night is free, but probably poker-free if we find anything worthwhile to do.

Sunday will be spent with wifey Kim's grandfather, who is recovering from a recent hospital stay. This has been his third trip to the hospital in about 6 mos, and his 2nd in about 3 weeks, so its a real shame. They can't pin down what is wrong, but I personally fear its merely old age, something that there is not a cure for. Its disheartening, especially because he is a good man and I respect him and feel that we are family (beyond just in-laws). It's funny. I don't think I've ever said these things aloud, but I'm willing to type it to you strangers. Love that Internet anonymity.

So, basically, I guess it won't be a very pokery weekend. But, in the distance, I have a free night Wednesday coming up, which will probably end at Robbie Hole's homegame. The Straddle Club got busted, so no return trip there.

In addition, I'm planning a trip to Atlantic City from late Thursday night, April 27, through Saturday, April 29. I'll be staying at the Showboat on Thursday (free) and the Tropicana on Friday ($119 poker rate, requiring that I, humorously, play 4 hrs of poker). I've already checked the local tournament schedules online in anticipation. Right now, the frontrunner is the $60+15 Friday 2pm tournament. I'll probably get in on some of the juicy action at Taj Mahal. If anyone has suggestions, I'm open. Interestingly, the usual crew of Roose and Hole may be unavailable. If necessary, I'll go solo, because I'll roll like that. But it occurs to me that there may be some of you out in the blogosphere interested in playing in AC. If so, you know when I'll be going, so let me know if you are interested. I can't promise anything but a shit load of poker, but something tells me that if you are reading this, we have something in common there.

That's all for now. Stay tuned tomorrow for my pathetic attempt at an April Fool's joke. Come on, you knew it was coming.

posted by Jordan @ 5:25 PM,

4 Comments:

At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look for me too tonight...

 
At 10:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bummer about the Summer WPBT event... It looks like I'm going to make it.

 
At 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Straddle got busted?! When?

 
At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great, great blog! I currently help blog for a poker website and would like to purchase a link at your site. Would you be interested? What are your yearly rates? Please let me know. Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Abby
blog.pletter@gmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home