Check It: DADI |

 




OPP - Other People's Posts

I'm down with OPP!
(Yeah, you know me!)
What's down with OPP!
(Every MTT!)

As I was trolling the Poker Blogging waters, I found 2 gems of wisdom today. I don't often write about other people's posts on here, mostly because if I did, this blog would be 10 posts a day directing you to 10 different sites. I suppose I could "remember" them and mention them later, but my mind has the adhesive properties of a waterslide.

That said, two posts need to be pointed out. First, on Pauly's site, JoeSpeaker of the Obituarium guest posted about MTT strategy. I think this is probably the most comprehensive, well-written, thoughtful analyses on overall low limit MTT strategy I've seen. And I'll be you dollars to donuts that its a winning strategy too. Hell, after reading it, it made me want to race home and play an MTT.

The second one is from Mowenumdown. The topic again is MTTs. Mow came up with a great way to keep players from making plays online that they wouldn't normally make live. He advises players to take out some chips and set them up next to the computer in the amount you have online. If you want to bet, first take those chips and stack them before hitting the Bet button. I can see how this would help a person visualize what they are doing, moreso than sliding that bar over or typing in some numbers and clicking. Recently I busted out of an MTT because of a stupid bluff, from flop to river. I was getting slowplayed and knoew it. But it's damn easy to just raise raise raise when all it takes is .5 seconds of thought (or lack thereof) and a click.

I applaud both men for their efforts.

I want to also suggest that readers/bloggers follow Lady Falcon's advice and nominate Pauly's Tao of Poker for blog of the year. It's at 2006.bloggies.com. The last listing on that page is for best overall blog. I foolishly originally nominated him for best blog application. I meant to nominate blog lipstick. It applies so smoothly and lasts all day!

And finally, if you haven't read and/or commented on my last post, please do. I would like to see if I'm barking up the wrong tree on this one.

posted by Jordan @ 2:23 PM,

4 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My DADI Omatard team:

Drizztdj, TraumaPoker, and Daddy

Be ready with our money. :D

 
At 5:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds good Drizz. I just need to confer with my team. We recently agreed to a team last longer against Surflexus, Mowenumdown and Sharkness, and so the team may want to lower the stakes from $10 per player to $5. That said, I'll see what my team is good for. TEAM Trippin' High Cox UNITE!!!

 
At 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I regret I won't be able to play the Special Omalympics (and if there was ever an event title that I was perfect for, it's that one), but I'll railbird it when I do get home.

Thanks for the kind words.

 
At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, Mr. Speaker. You are a role model to us all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home