Check It: DADI |

 




I Hate Poker

and Poker hates me. Came in 2nd in a $10, 6-person SNG. Roose bubbled in 3rd. Played a Rio $20, 6-person SNG, with three spots playing...and was first out.

Stupid poker. I'm really sour on it right now. I guess I'm also sour on myself. I can't say I played optimally. I haven't played optimally in a long time.

It's interesting. While my bankroll and game go south, so does everything else around me, in perception at least. I go through the day grumbling and tired. I don't know if it's the poker affecting my mood or the mood affecting my poker, but something has got to give.

I wasn't even going to post today. I said to myself, why post. I don't want to bitch about my losses again. I don't want to emphasize my crappiness.

I met a friend of a friend yesterday who plays on Stars. He told me he won $5000 last year playing SNGs only. I thought to myself, why aren't I winning $5K a year.

I spoke to Roose who won $50 in the past two days. It's not a lot of money, but I couldn't help but think. what about me. Why aren't I winning? It's enough to make a man sour on the whole thing.

I know this is just another bitch session post. I read Felicia's blog yesterday. I don't frequent it, but when I check it out it's usually pretty good. She was trashing blogs for a number of reasons. One of them was "Don't whine about losses." That pissed me off. I'll whine about whatever I want to. If you don't like it, move on.

I'm not picking a fight with Felicia, but that one hit a little close to home. And btw, it wasn't directed at me. I don't want to imply that.

I tried making a side banner for the Special Omalympics, but I had problems Saving it. I made the damn thing twice before giving up at midnight.

You can all screw yourselves for all I care. Stupid fucking poker. Stupid fucking mood. Blech! Just for that you get no stupid fucking movie quote.

posted by Jordan @ 8:59 AM,

8 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're working through your anger like a champ. Your therapist would be proud.

 
At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell me what you really think. LOL. I love it.

 
At 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've hit a slump. I hate when that happens. You'll pull out eventually!

 
At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Felicia was right, whining is boring. It adds a great deal to the "How shitty is this poker blog."

But since it wasn't aimed at you, why does it even phase you?

 
At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Khyle, I'll explain. I complain and whine. That's what I do. And I thought that while it was within her right to make it, Felicia's comment hit close to home. It made me think, gee, maybe my whining isn't interesting. But then I realized something. Felicia can make the comment, but she is wrong to an extent. It might not be interesting to read my whining but its my blog for a reason.

 
At 3:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's NOT wrong though. The post was about what she personally thinks is a good\bad poker blog. It's her opinion, that's all. Which is why I don't understand why it made you angry.

 
At 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And what I don't understand is why my opinion is making YOU angry, Khyle. Look, I never said anything mean about Felicia. She gave an opinion. I noted it. I mentioned it. I refuted it. That's it. I'm not hating on her. I'm not being offensive (although you are testing me). Okay, time to write a post about this. I appreciate the back and forth though. This is what, to me, make an interesting blog.

 
At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course Jordan is going to whine and complain. He's a LAWYER!

*rimshot*

Thank you, I'm here all week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home