Check It: DADI |

 




3rd is Good

Finally! It isn't much, but I placed 3rd in a turbo PokerStars single table SNG last night. This was after I doubled up other people about 6 times. I couldn't win a coin toss, and I was sucked out on the river a couple of times. But, I didn't let that stop me. In the end, I played solid poker, reading my players and getting to know how to play against each one individually. I did it all late at night with nothing but the drone of the heater keeping me company. At first I tried putting on some music, but I found that fumbling with the controls was distracting me from my game. At this point, the only thing that can help me turn around my game is concentration. So, SNGs will have to be the new flavor of the month because it allows me to read players who aren't going anywhere until they bust.

I've also started using Poker Tracker, which I got free from PSO. You can also get it free from VPP. I still haven't mastered Tracker yet, but I plan to sit down and really figure it out in the future. This is another reason why I am staying with Stars for the time being. Of course, I couldn't get PokerAce HUD to work. It is supposed to show player stats on your screen next to or under your opponents' names/avatars, but I got nothing. I believe there are other programs that do the same thing. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

I lost 2 SNGs as well. One was yesterday. I bubbled, which is a good sign that I am able to go somewhat far, somewhat consistently. The other one was a 45 or 27 person SNG where I lost to a suckout. I believe that GCox watched as I was slaughtered by luck. He played in the same tourney and also failed to place.

I've been in contact with a new poker site. I'm going to try to arrange a freeroll tourney there, but I wanted to see if players would be interested in signing up for a relatively new, unknown site if a freeroll was offered. For that matter, would people be willing to play there if we do a DADI event there? I'm just throwing out the idea, and I expect DADI to stay at PokerStars, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

I've paid my HUC2 money to High Plains Drifter. I hope you other HUC2 competitors have made your payments. Get to it.

Keep an eye out for me later tonight. I'll be at an SNG on Stars. Also, I'm looking forward to playing the Omaha H/L $50+10 tournament on Wednesday (tomorrow!) at the All-In Club in NYC. It'll be my first time playing Omaha in a tourney live. I'm admittedly not the best O8b player, but I'm going to play tight and play smart.

That's all for now.

Whatever luck holds in store for me, I will never forget these words: "With great variance comes great opportunity." This is my gift, my curse. Who am I? I'm Poker-man.

posted by Jordan @ 11:01 AM,

6 Comments:

At 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I paid Drizz which was no fun on the bankroll, but all good since HUC1 was all good for me.

I'll set up the Special Omalympics tournament on PokerStars tonight so we can start early sign-ups...

 
At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got PokerOffice, it is similar to Pokertracker but it automatically puts the stats above each player when you are playing. I went to their website: www.pokeroffice.com and there is a deal they have where you can put $50 into Empire or Noble and play 200 raked hands then they send you the registration key for free. I signed up and then only played about 100 raked hands and then emailed Pokeroffice and they sent me the registration key.

 
At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Mookie. This is what I love. Some real answers to my questions. I'll take a look at the site. Already, though, I can guess that you need to open a new account at Noble or Empire to get the program for free. My bonus whoring self has already openned accounts on both. Even so, I'll see what it is all about.

 
At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PokerTracker is the Lexus of tracking software. Stick with it. As for PAHUD I had to go to Preference>Filter and Stats to change the Hands Used Avg to 2, and one other to a lesser number.

Now PAHUD will show each NEW player after I get a few hands on them into PT. Players I already have stats on, show automatically.

I also have GameTime+ which will overlay stats from PT. (I just switched to PAHUD myself.)

 
At 9:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate all this technical shit... just play good fuckin poker !! damn it. Unfortunately, you guys are absolutely right; these programs give you an edge (I'm talking about data mining and showing other players stats under their names mostly).

Is online poker going to turn into a numbers game? heh

Jordan, just delete my post before -- did it by mistake.

 
At 12:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you have not done so already, you have to do a couple of things to get Pokerstars to work with PokerAceHUD. (none of which are complicated)

In Pokerstars make sure you have "Save My Hand History Files Checked" under the options > Instand Hand History Options

Then go into preferences of PokerAceHud, then under Poker Sites click on PokerStars. Click on the add button and go to where the Pokerstars hand histories are located (most likely C:\Program Files\PokerStars\HandHistory). Also put that directory into the Pokerstars auto-import window of PokerTracker.


If you have already done that, I don't know what to do. I think PokerAce is the best HUD software out there today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home