Check It: DADI |

 




TIme for Change

The Donkeys Always Draw Invitational was last night and it was more of a success than I could have imagined. 62 players joined the fray, and rumor has it, we had a better turnout than the Wil Wheaton tourney one night ago. I have to give a huge thank you to all of the players, TripJax for helping set this thing up, and all of the bloggers who announced the tourney on their blogs or amongst their friends. It was a fantastic time and I can't wait to do it again. Without further adieu, the winner of last nights DADI was:

Change100 from Pot Committed
Change played a fantastic game, never letting up on her aggression. She had some self-proclaimed suckouts, but she put herself in position, chip wise and hand wise, to make those calls and suckout.

So, who knocked out Jordan to win the right to rename this blog: Change100! The one-woman wrecking ball finished me off when her 88 beat my 87. I was forced all in after C-Mitch from O-Poker crushed me with his AK v. my QQ. We were all-in pre-flop, and the bastard caught his Ace...twice. If I had played better earlier, maybe I wouldn't have been in such a rush to push. However, generally speaking, I like pushing with Qs in tournaments.

I had Aces twice within 10 minutes, and each time I raised 4x or 3x the blinds in EP or UTG. The entire table folded to me...twice. Keerist!

JoeSpeaker wouldn't let up on me in the early rounds. He also played exceptionally well (with a suckout or two for good measure). He placed 2nd, so a hardy congratulations to him as well.

Mowemdown is a new blogger, if memory serves correct. He took 3rd. I look forward to reading his blog and learning more about the player. Scott "The Dream Machine" McMillan took 4th. Even when he was the shortstack out of 4 I thought he'd take it. He is no mere mortal poker player. He is a machine! I later learned why he ONLY took 4th...he was 2-tabling a tourney on Full Tilt at the same time, and took 4th there as well. Yep! Scott's my role model. He's one of the only players, aside from possibly DoubleAs, who I wouldn't think twice about bankrolling. Of course, they don't need my money. They could do it all themselves.

Also, congrats to Trip for making the final table. GCox made it to the top 20 as well.

So, overall the tournament was a raving success. I didn't want to do them too often. My mental plan was once a month. But after last night, I came up with another idea. In two weeks, we should hold the DADI Omaha tourney. That'll shake things up a bit. This is still a work in progress. We may even go with a new title. How about the Special Oma-lympics!

In other news, I finished my Gaming Club promo and I expect the bonus to be released soon. I have no idea how much it is. I should probably check PSO. Even though I'm done with the GC bonus, I still have about 100 hands or so to burn through before I get the PSO bonus, so I'm no done there yet. The 2/4 limit has been a break-even or slightly profitable game for me. I expected to lose following the Hollywood Poker debacle, so this will do for the time being. Meanwhile, Veneno continues to rip up Royal Vegas. She earned the VPP bonus there in about a week. For anyone looking to bonus whore for free prizes, that's the easiest promo by far. So, check out VPP for their Royal Vegas promotion.

"Your fame is well deserved, Change100. I don't think there's ever been a gladiator to match you. As for this young man, he insists you are Moss reborn. Or was it Ungar? Why doesn't the hero reveal herself and tell us all your real name? You do have a name."
"My name is Wrecking Ball."

posted by Jordan @ 9:11 AM,

15 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great game last night, man! Thanks for putting it together. I'm going to link you up if that's cool with you. Feel free to do the same if you like. Hope to see you in future games.

 
At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job hosting the tourney Jordan. A good time was had by all. I'm eagerly awaiting the next one.

Holler at me tonight if you get the chance.

G

 
At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The tourney was a great time. Good job.

For the record, it was JoeSpeaker who knocked me out for the bounty.

Til the next one....

Cheers.

 
At 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, it was a nice event. I really enjoyed playing up to the point when my AK ran into AJ (board of blanks until the river J)...at least my chips were put to good use (Pastamancer - 7th place) :-)

As for the next tournament: Omaha would rock! Any intentions to start some H/L tournaments, too. Or isn't anyone playing H/L anymore?!

 
At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you all once again. Hi/Lo is cool with me. I'll speak to Trip and find out what he is able to do with PokerStars. It looks like we will have an Omatard Invitational.

 
At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks! Great job putting it together. And I still owe the guy who busted me his reward. He can email me at yosoyveneno@yahoo.com to win his HU match with me!

 
At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Jordan! Had a great time even though I donked it out in style in the 2nd round of blinds!

Bounty hunting was a way of life here in Wyoming at one time. Give me a shout and I'll see what 'Bounty' I can come up with for you next time.

Thanks again for putting everything together!

 
At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheers Jordan, Hi/Lo would be a blast, but normal Omaha is fine, too. So I guess the next thing to look forward to is the "Omatard Invitational". Great!

 
At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The HUC finals were had during the DADI event and I am your CHAMP!! I will let you settle who pays who and how but Yosoy already gave me $25 so she is paid in full.

 
At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, Jordan, just let me know who I need to pay for the HUC.

And I am way down for the PLO8B...I think that would be sweet...

 
At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks to you and TripJax for hosting this--it was a blast!

 
At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You out did yourself! Great turn out for this Inaugural event. I concur with the above post... an Omaha tourney would be cool.

 
At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for hosting this tournament, it was fun while I stayed in (about 20 minutes).

Great turnout, good people, can't beat it!

 
At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PLO8? I'll have to learn how to play first.

 
At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for setting up the tourney, J. Much obliged.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home