Check It: DADI |

 




Cycling

Excuse my bummer of a post yesterday. Come to think of it, I'm sure a couple of my recent posts were real downers. Well, this will change, I assure you. Yesterday, I played in a slew of heads-up tournaments, winning only one more than I lost. However, in heads-up, that means that I won a couple of bucks overall. So, my bankroll made a modest climb from $15, to just under $19. Not great, but it is in the right direction.

After playing a couple of the heads-ups, I decided to give it a rest for the night. While lying in bed, I had a thought. Earlier this month, I was down to $15 (or maybe even less) in my Full Tilt account. That occurred after going on a two or three day tilt-fest. But I rebounded and made it back to $90. Now, I am in the same spot. I spend two days on tilt and lost most of my bankroll. Through heads-up SNGs, I hope to make some breathing room. When they get old, I will move onto some cash games or maybe single table SNGs.

Then I thought somemore. Earlier this year, I was up about $500 overall. I then went on a several-day tilt-fest in Vegas, and lost about $460. My bankroll was down to a lowly $40. It took me several days to recover mentally, but when I did, I started making strides. My overall bankroll currently sits at just short of $400 (I account any money in an online account as lost until it is withdrawn). I would like to be at $550 ($100 per month, 5 1/2 months), but I am not that far off.

My point is, there is a pattern, a cycle. I do well, build up a bankroll, tilt for a few days, lose most of it, take some time to find my footing, and climb back up. This cycle is not catastrophic. In fact, if I can control my tilt, it will more or less be nullified.

Lessons Learned:
1) When on Tilt, STOP PLAYING! It seems obvious, but it is hard to NOT play when I feel like I NEED TO WIN. See the problem?
2) When I lose a session or even a few sessions, don't let it effect me mentally. The game is cyclical. I'm not always going to get the best cards, I'm not always going to be lucky, and I'm not always going to play my best game, but I do not have to allow these things to effect me.

I wish there was a third, but I haven't found it yet. Things are going to turn around. That is the key. Until then, keep poking.

posted by Jordan @ 9:19 AM,

2 Comments:

At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

first off i want to say this blog is great, great for the game, great for entertainment pupposes, and great for you and your writing and playing skills which i know, mine needs help .......writing that is......my game is fine.....ha ha...and i am sure i am so pleased with the blog becausei know you jordan and the people you are talking about in your blog. Which makes it all the more interesting. Keep it up Buddy.......and let the force be with you! But keep in mind when you at the same table as me ....you will be temped with the forces of evil...the Dark side.

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

Robbie Hole making an appearance everyone! Clap it up! Now I have to stop writing about his crappy poker plays...damn! Who taught this guy to read anyway? Clearly they haven't gotten to the writing lessons.

Thanks for leaving a post Hole. Maybe you or Rouss can make a guest post. I'll see if such a thing is possible, or otherwise, you can send it to me and I'll post it. Just an idea.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home