Check It: DADI |

 




Damn Suck Outs

Last night, I was playing some more Full Tilt working off the bonus. I placed 3rd in a two table $5 SNG after my internet connection went out. I was definitely short-stacked, but I'd like to think that I still could've made a comeback. Those are the pitfalls of wireless Internet though.

I had a horrible suckout which cost me a $30 pot during a .25/.50 NL game. I looked down to pocket 10s. I raised to $2. Some guy after me pushed all in for $13.50 or so. I thought for a second. A Vegas flashback reminded me of the time I folded 10s to a guy who re-raised my $7 bet to $54 preflop. He had 8s. I would've hit four of a kind.

I then thought about something I read in Grubby's old posts (pokergrub.com). I love reading Grubby's old posts. Anyway, he was saying how when someone pushes all in too early, they usually are bluffing. Otherwise, they would limp and try to extract more money from you. Sound reasoning to me.

I called. My pocket 10s went agains Ace Ten. DOMINATED...until two aces come up and I'm drawing dead. What a load of crap. That's poker, but it sure ain't pretty.

On the positive side, at least I keep getting sucked out, rather than fooled into giving up my chips to a better player. Its a weak consolation prize, but hopefully its one that will pay off long term. I'm beginning to get good at taking disappointment at the table. Eventually, when the suckouts die down, I will be unstoppable. Or so I hope. Until then, happy poker.

posted by Jordan @ 8:55 AM,

2 Comments:

At 3:36 PM, Blogger Pauly said...

You wrote: I then thought about something I read in Grubby's old posts (pokergrub.com). I love reading Grubby's old posts. Anyway, he was saying how when someone pushes all in too early, they usually are bluffing. Otherwise, they would limp and try to extract more money from you. Sound reasoning to me.

That's except when Grubby and I were heads up at the Borgata $300 NL table... I had KK and he had JJ and moved all in with a J high on the flop and two diamonds. I thought he moved all in too quickly and called! He pushed b/c he wanted me to fold since he flopped a set.

UGGGGH! Grubby!

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Jordan said...

Tough beat there. I had a similar situation in AC a while ago, when AA got whooped by 10 10 when the guy hit a 10 high flop. I guess there are exceptions to every rule. I wonder how much money Grubby had at that point. In the hand I just mentioned, the guy was fairly shortstacked compared to the pot. Just a thought.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home