Check It: DADI |

 




Content

CONtent or conTENT? I guess a little of both.

CONtent wise, I don't have much for you. I'm a bit burnt out at the office. I've been in this job for about 6 months, and only a few weeks in, coworker N_____ told me about how she is always overwhelmed and people keep piling it on. I was shocked and remained shocked for several months, able to complete work within a reasonable amount of time with only short bouts of madness.

That's changed! Even with a new guy starting, I've been taking the brunt. My two co-workers at the same level as me have finished their case evaluations and I haven't finished a quarter of mine! And the hits just keep on coming. Tonight I'll be on Long Island so that I can wake up at a reasonable hour and get to my LI deposition tomorrow. A whole day will be wasted listening to nonsense. I can't wait!

Meanwhile, I player a little poker last night. I bummed myself out with a poorly timed push in a $16 turbo. The blinds were 75/150 and I had about 1100 or so. I was in the BB with 56d and the button min raised. SB called. Usually, I'd say push or fold, what with the Rule of 10, but I felt like seeing a flop and making my choice then. The flop was K63. SB checked. I decided to make my move. I pushed all-in for about 800 more. The button folded and the SB called....with TT.

I then played a 4-person HU tourney in preparation for the upcoming DADIII HUC. I won the first match in no time. I then goded the other players as they finished their match. When we got to the finals, I was taking swings but constantly missing. I wasn't concerned though. Once I saw my shot I'd take it. I min-raised with K3. The flop was K77. He bet, which was nothing new. I re-raised big. He pushed. I called. He had T7. The truth is, I never really was thinking when I called. I'll be a lot more careful at the DADIII event.

Bummed, I took a break. I went back later and found Trip and GCox as well as a slew of other players. Trip was the only one looking to start an SNG, so we settled on a $10, 10-person turbo SNG on UB. I don't know what was up with Trip, but he got caught with AT v. AA. I think he wasn't playing his A-game, and I'm fairly sure he'll agree. But at least we had fun. I took 3rd, making a little bit of dough.

I also played some 1/2 limit and won about $25. This made it a winning night for me. A barely-winning night, but I'll take it!

Of course, I'm forgetting the .05/.10 limit game I played with DNasty early in the evening. I hadn't seen D in a while, so when I saw him on Ultimate Buddy I had to say hi. UB no longer allows railbird chat (bullshit!) so I joined up. I thought it was NL, but I was wrong. I had a great time pretending like I was brand new to online poker. D and I never officially recognized each other in the chat box, so he had a good time too, playing into my donkey play. When I won two in a row, I announced, "One more time and I'm on fire!" D followed up: "NBA Jams." "Can't buy a bucket!"

Ah, being a fool is a fine thing. That's it. I'm conTENT with my CONtent. Have a good one.

posted by Jordan @ 3:32 PM,

5 Comments:

At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was AJ suited and I absolutely hate my call. In fact, that is why I had to leave the chat for a while and go do something else. I don't usually give myself a hard time on those things, but I just immediately regretted my decision, even before I saw his AA. It was a terrible call, but it's all good. I won a SNG earlier so I pretty much broke even for the night (ok I was a couple bucks down).

A chance to redeem myself tonight at a home game. Can't wait!

 
At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't want to give you too much crap for it, but I was really surprised when I switched to our window (I was two-tabling) and saw you all-in with AJ. It was pretty much a blowup from my viewpoint, and I'm sure its something you've seen me do a ton of times. It's the first time I've seen it from you though, and I'm sure it was just a fluke.

I can't explain how much more fun these SNGs are when I'm playing with another blogger/reader. It just makes everything more interesting.

 
At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been all in with much worse things than AJ suited...

 
At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

DP, it wasn't that I was all-in with it, it was the way the hand played out. Dude raises in early position, I re-raise about 3 times his bet. He pushes over the top of me (bells should be ringing). I call knowing I'm probably beat or racing for chips in a hand I didn't need to lose all my money with. It was way too early and I had plenty of chips left. I could have easily folded and lived to battle again.

I'm not saying it is the worst ever or I wouldn't do it again giving a particular circumstance, but it just stunk in that particular instance.

 
At 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was kinda joking on myself... but yeah, everyone has their off days.

And if you had flopped the nut flush, you would be happy about the play. I don't know what that had to do with anything, but it's true.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home