Check It: DADI |

 




[Insert DADI Pun Here]

I'm giddy for tonight. Now all I have to do is get through this busy day at work. These last three days have felt more like 10, but the DADI Special Omalympics has given me something to look forward to. That and the Robbie Hole home game on Thursday. I'm shocked to say that it'll be my first live game of the new year.

I'd like to take some time to thank some people. First off, a big thanks to my teammates GCox and TripJax for taking a chance with our underdog team. In that vein, I'd also like to thank them for helping DADI come about. Trip jumped on board when the idea was merely to get enough people to play a blogger SNG. GCox's presence and outreach is always welcome. And while I'm at it, thank you to the whole SNG Challenge crew who inspired this cracked-out experiment in mass poker bloggery goodness.

Thank you to all of the blogs that have pimped the Special Omalympics. That prestige list includes AlCantHang, Sir Waffles, Poker4Peace (SlimeFace), Chipper, ResIpsaPoker, LittleAcornMan, SlagPile (Jestocot), PokerFundInvestments (FairNBalancd) and anyone else who I undoubtedly forgot and feel terribly guilty about as we speak.

Thank you for the people who were willing to take on the Last Longer Bets. No surprise, but its a solid crowd. Team SuMo Shark (Surflexus, Mowenumdown and Sharkness) and The Drizz All-Stars (Drizz, Trauma and Daddy) will give the Trick DADIs a run for our money.

The Trick DADIs are officially out of funding, so no other Last Longer Bets will be accepted. However, I know Veneno and PeaceCorn wanted to create an all-estrogen team to take us down. Well, girls, I'm still open individually, and if Waffle is interested, maybe he and I can team up against you broads in an inter-gender championship match. Waffle has yet to be confirmed.

So many links, so little time. Let me also thank a slew of people who signed up for VegasPokerPro through my link. This new group of Bonus Whores includes G-g-g- G-Unit, GreenDrag00n, iibarciaii, and mmaryja1. If any of you need any advice on clearing those promos Uber fast, and which ones to go to first, let me know. I also wouldn't mind hearing any opinions on VPP or the sites you signed up for. If you haven't signed up via VPP yet, you are fooling yourselves. You can clear their RoyalVegas promo in 2 weeks TOPS! For your trouble, you get the usual cash bonus from RoyalVegas and either 2 free poker books/DVDs (including classics like Rounders), $50 gift cards to BestBuy, Amazon or eBay, PokerTracker, a poker table-top, or a set of chips for FREE. You don't even need to pay shipping. I've personally earned $400 in gift cards, PokerTracker, a $100 gift certificate, and a poker table top through VPP and a similar promotion. If you have any questions, VPP Dave will be playing in the Special Omalympics tonight. I want to thank him too for joining us and for being so supportive to this site and the blogger community. VPP, we thank you.

All this whoring makes me feel dirty. Too bad my new years resolution was to stop showering. Now THAT takes self control!

posted by Jordan @ 11:00 AM,

10 Comments:

At 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I looks like Sir Waffles is going to be around (see http://sirfwalgman.blogspot.com/2006/01/omaha.html )...I'll be at a birthday party, but I should be back in time for some pure Omatardness (after all this thing starts 3am my timezone ;-))...

 
At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm doing a little warm up SNG at Pokerroom right now. Beware!

 
At 4:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

17 for 18 cashes (the non-cash was a 4th) in PLO8 SnGs for my warmup back into tourney play.

Good luck tonight :D

 
At 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is incredible Drizz.

I can't wait for tonight!

Good post J...I'm happy with the progression of this little thing we started...

 
At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I was happy to be one for one (a second); a feat that was accomplished despite having no idea how I won several hands on the way to heads-up play. In the land of the blind a one-eyed man is king, I suppose.

 
At 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We don't stand a chance against the Drizz All Stars...or Do We! With TripJax having internet connection problems, GCox's dreaded suckout strategy and my unnamed performance enhancing drugs, we just might surprise a bunch of people.

 
At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How rude of me. Of course I forgot Wes from Dumbasses Trump All, and a late pimp by Maudie herself.

 
At 6:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm hoping to make it to the DADI. I had to drive from San Diego to Riverside and hope to make it home by 6 in rush hour. Probably like the drive from NYC to Danbury CT, or so. Wish me luck. Otherwise, I'll railbird as soon as I get home. C-ya!

 
At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Team DADI on a job well done! Jordan, I managed to fill you up with chips early, so I deserve some of the credit there. Jax, I only got to play with you for about 2 hands before busting out, but hopefully I had some residual positive effect on you as well. Thanks again for setting this up, a great time was had by all as always, and keep the blogger tourney ideas coming. You know I am in for anything you guys can dream up.

 
At 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, Hoyazo. Although, to be fair, your chips were eventually distributed around the table. Even so, I appreciated the donation!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home