Check It: DADI |

 




Poker-less Wednesday

After Black Tuesday, I decided that it was time to take a break from the tables and resolved to not play any poker on Wednesday. When I've made resolutions like this in the past, they lasted for about as long as it takes for wifey Kim to get on the phone or take a shower. Understand that it's not that wifey Kim doesn't want me to play. Rather, she is like the morphine to my heroine, keeping me sedated and distracted from the virtual felt. Love that wifey Kim!

For work, I spent the day in New Jersey at a deposition. I used my poor Spanish to communicate as much as possible with my client. He did a bang-up job, answering questions truthfully and clearly. Surprisingly I don't think it could have gone better. The ride home, however, was a disaster, and took well over 2 hrs thanks to Rockefeller Center Xmas Tree Lighting traffic. Damn you Christians! Do you have to ruin everything this time of year?! I noticed no traffic for the menorah celebration, probably becuase it doesn't exist. But I jest. In truth, I bought two mini-stockings and hung them on the fridge via magnets. One says Jordan and the other says Kim. I was just impressed that I finally got a personalized item with "Jordan" on in. Usually, me and the other 8 Jordans get dissed. Thank you, trendy namers, for bringing some legitimacy to the J-dans of the world. HOLLA! (Now, stop naming your daughter "Jordan" and we're totally cool.)

Even though I didn't play yesterday, I still had plenty of poker-related action. Wifey Kim is having a co-worker/friend over tonight, so I've decided it's a fine night for some hot chip-on-chip action! I called Roose (who was oddly hanging with Hole on a Wed afternoon at 2pm?!?!) to see if a game was going to come together. Hole doesn't want it at his place because of the host curse, where the host is more likely to lose than not. I can't do it at my place because of (a) the host curse, and more importantly, (b) wifey Kim's guest. Roose suggested his place, which is fine as long as I can get a ride from the train station. So, what's my fall back? Genoa!

In all truth, I hope that Genoa will be my eventual destination. The $40 freezeout tourney is resurrected. I heard that the place was robbed two weeks ago, but according to their emails they have extra security and, as a told Joaquin yesterday, I'm a gambler. I'll gamble on the fact that if the place is robbed again, it won't be in that 4 hour window of time I am there. And if it does get robbed, I'll make sure to only bring $60! Now that's what I call dedication...to a vice...

I also used my PSO points to "purchase" a $100 Gift Certificate to Party Poker. I hate Party! BUT, after Black Tuesday, I knew I needed a $$ influx to my bankroll if I could get it. I don't count the BestBuy gift cards as profit (although I'm starting to think that I should). But if I withdraw the $100 eventually from Party, that's profit. So, I'm really cheating my own system. Take that System! At least I can look forward to playing some O8 with Trauma, Drizz, and SirF, since, I believe, they play on Party. Maybe I'll get some steps or other SNGs in with Veneno, Kip and GCox. After all, the poker is good fun, but playing with other bloggers is priceless.

"Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to fold!" (cue evil music)

posted by Jordan @ 8:59 AM,

5 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Priceless, indeed.

Get with me in the next few days, because I will be ready for some action and I might need your help.

G

 
At 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What am I, chopped liver?

I want in on the Steps or SNG action too!

(picture me as the little skinny kid out in the cold snowy night looking through the restaurant window as his family is feasting on a hearty meal and laughing it up)

I don't want to be that kid, sitting on the rail watching you faulkers play poker. Booya!

 
At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, Trip. You are in. I didn't mention you at first because I didn't think you played on Party. But what do I know.

 
At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just jerkin' your chain J. I only have a Party account right now cause I did the same thing as you and got a $100 gift card from PSO a while back.

Giddy up!

 
At 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stars and FT for me. I'll be playing in some 20K Party Points freeroll and possibly killing the account.

The money is good there, but I hate the customer service and software.

But... I can be coaxed into depositing for blogger games :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home