Check It: DADI |

 




Poker as Therapy

Here's an idea! Take all of your frustration, annoyance, fatigue, anxiety, and depression, and play poker! That's what I did last night. And the results were disasterous. I cannot explain to you the amount of bad beats I experienced. It was almost as though my crummy mood became tangible at the tables, and the return was river suckout after river suckout. Next time, I'll do my best to avoid this tempting trap. Until then though, I'm just going to block out last night, where I lost a HU SNG vs. RiverRun in no time, making a complete donkey of myself, lost another HU after I accidentally hit all-in, lost an SNG to a river suckout, donked off oodles of cash in an Omaha H/L game, and spread some around at limit as well. Let's just chalk that up as black Tuesday and move on.

I'll be out of the office all day today, in NJ at a problematic deposition. The client doesn't speak English and I have the pleasure of being his chauffer for the day. Jesus H Christmas! See you all later.

posted by Jordan @ 6:58 AM,

8 Comments:

At 8:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were concentrating on other things during our HU match, A 20 person SNG I believe. Don't take it too hard, I was running hot at the time. When you have the time to concentrate we will do it again.

 
At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to stop playing last night after a bit. Too many missed flops, too many out-kicked by a kicker hands, too many fish that got away. Let's just all have a beer and forget about last night.

 
At 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Chipper, let's just all have a beer and forget about it.

Here's to better fishing tonight! Who's with me?

G

 
At 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stick in there J.

 
At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW, I don't see any erroneous code in the boxes. Did it fix itself???!!! Or maybe all the playing around with it yesterday triggered the fix. Who knows...

If so, that just leaves the statcounter and you might be good to go!

 
At 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm... another O8 degenerate, what level are you playing? I'll join in if I'm on tonight.

 
At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got a dealer button waiting for you. Would that make you feel better?

 
At 8:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks everyone. Reading my post today was interesting, because after the problematic deposition (that went very well), and a long day out of the office, I feel almost refreshed. To see your comments helped a lot toward putting it behind me.

And trip, the weird code is still there for me. Unlike my herpes, this problem won't resolve itself alone! HAHAHA!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home