Check It: DADI |

 




Running on MT

*Warning* This is another bitch and moan post.

Well, this has been a week from hell ever since the weekend started. I'm now at the office at 6:30pm, and if all goes well, I'll be home by 8pm. Boo hoo hoo, I know. The bottom line is that right before the holidays, everything seems to pile up and need immediate attention. Other co-workers/superiors (rightfully) pass along work that they do not have time for, and, as a result, it only gets worse. Shit rolls downhill, and I'm essentially at the first step of the mountain. Eat shit, indeed.

To make all of this worse, I haven't seen wifey Kim in 2 days or so because of my work obligations on LI. I can't wait to spend some time with her tonight. I have to go to work early tomorrow, so suddenly my poker window is closing to a mere sliver. I may pull the ole cuddle with wifey Kim until she's asleep followed by a tip-toe out the door and a run to an SNG. I am going to follow the wonderful and impressive advice of DoubleAs from a week or two ago and prioritize poker over sleep. After all, sleep IS over-rated. Some people seem to love going to sleep. Since I was a little kid I've always dreaded it. I'm not a good sleeper, and I hate that feeling that everyone else is asleep and here I am wide awake but trying to sleep. As a kid, it would keep me up at night. Now, I use it to my advantage, staying up later than I should (although not too late, honestly) and then hitting the sack on my own volition and by my own standards. As Double As said, sleep is overrated. Now poker...

I've gotten invite after invite to play with Dave Roose and Robbie Hole at their home games this week. One was scheduled last minute today. Another one is pre-planned for tomorrow. I'll be at neither. It's part of being married, but more accurately, it's part of living with someone you care about. You just can't say, fuck it, I feel like heading into Queens on the spur of the moment. Have I changed since getting married? Maybe a little bit. But it's all for the best. At least wifey Kim and I aren't at each others' throats too much, considering holiday stress.

My TV will hopefully be ordered today by my main man Dre. It'll be delivered on a date to be determined. I can't wait to hook the laptop to that badboy and play 50" poker!

I've been falling behind on reading others' blogs, but GCox wrote a great post talking about how he got into poker. I'm definitely going to use his concept and give my own backstory. I figure it'll be good for my (hopefully) new readers from BestPokerBlogs.com, where I am currently squandering my status as Blog of the Week.

I'm thinking about earning the 2003 WSOP DVD from PSO or VPP for free. I don't remember much of the hands (anymore) and I'd love to watch the Stud and other non Hold'Em games. Does anyone have it? And if so, how is it? I'd prefer the 2004 WSOP, in which Raymer gives a play-by-play of his own hands, but that isn't offered on either site, yet. I imagine it's only a matter of time. At this rate, I willl have earned enough PSO points from my Carribean Sun promo by the end of the week. Booya! (And if you haven't checked out PSO or VPP, you are screwing yourself buddy. Just see if I care. Okay, I do, but only because it hurts me to see you hurt yourself. Live damnit LIVE!)

I want to play an MTT, but I don't have 5 hrs to lock up. A man can dream though.

Is that a random assortment of literary poop or what?! I make myself proud.

posted by Jordan @ 6:17 PM,

2 Comments:

At 8:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why is it when I read your post about a TV I have flash backs! Holly crap don't buy a HITACHI!! Just a piece of advice. Just dont' do it. You will want to stab yourself with a wooden spoon if you do.

 
At 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the TV, remember, Mitsubishi, you heard it here first. I understand that Hitachi is a less than optimal choice, can't remember who told me that though.

Thanks for the pimpage, as always, and have a good holiday. I'll try to catch up with you on the weekend.

G

 

Post a Comment

<< Home