Check It: DADI |

 




A TripJax Production

Yep. New duds. And I'm going to break them in with the most mundane of posts, the hand history. Watch how these monkeys scary me, and then give me their money.

Game #1378247393: Hold'em FL ($2/$4) - 2005/11/20 - 22:26:43 (ET)
Table "Linen" Seat 5 is the button.
Seat 1: HighOnPok ($119.25 in chips)
Seat 2: zam070 ($26 in chips)
Seat 3: Bklyn ($34.75 in chips)
Seat 4: bumVII ($37.25 in chips)
Seat 5: harry37 ($35 in chips)
Seat 6: _DONALD_ ($149.50 in chips)
_DONALD_: posts small blind $1
HighOnPok: posts big blind $2
----- HOLE CARDS -----
dealt to HighOnPok [4s 8c]
zam070: calls $2
Bklyn: folds
bumVII: calls $2
harry37: folds
_DONALD_: calls $1
HighOnPok: checks
----- FLOP ----- [6d 2h 5d]
_DONALD_: checks
HighOnPok: bets $2
zam070: calls $2
bumVII: calls $2
_DONALD_: calls $2
----- TURN ----- [6d 2h 5d][7h]
_DONALD_: checks
HighOnPok: bets $4
zam070: raises $8
bumVII: calls $8
_DONALD_: calls $8
HighOnPok: calls $4
----- RIVER ----- [6d 2h 5d 7h][Tc]
_DONALD_: bets $4
HighOnPok: calls $4
zam070: calls $4
bumVII: calls $4
----- SHOW DOWN -----
_DONALD_: shows [Ks 7d] (A Pair of Sevens, King high)
HighOnPok: shows [4s 8c] (A Straight, Eight high)
zam070: mucks hand
bumVII: mucks hand
HighOnPok collected $61 from Main pot
----- SUMMARY -----
Total pot $64 Main pot $61 Rake $3
Board [6d 2h 5d 7h Tc]
Seat 1: HighOnPok (big blind) showed [4s 8c] and won ($61) with A Straight, Eight high
Seat 2: zam070 mucked
Seat 3: Bklyn folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: bumVII mucked
Seat 5: harry37 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: _DONALD_ (small blind) lost

posted by Jordan @ 10:27 PM,

6 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very Efffffffing nice!

G

 
At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to be all up in your business BUUUUTTT....why didn't you three bet the 2nd nuts on the turn? At first I thought it was because you were going to unleash your fury on the river....but you didn't? The call on the river got you 2 overcalls it looks like but a raise on the turn probably would have kept everyone around for another bet, or at best a cap if zam070 decides to do that. I also now see calling on the river may have been in hops of zam070 raising? I just think you left some bets on the table.

 
At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I like the new look. Congrats on the blog of the week nod as well.

 
At 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice design!!! Have you always linked to yourself as your first link? Now thats showing some self-love!

 
At 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the new layout - TripJax is da man. (I stoled some ideas from him also - templates, etc.)

 
At 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, so thanks for all of the positive compliments. I'd like to address Trauma's comment. You see, Trauma, once, at a tourney, I had 48o and hit the straight. Someone bet, I re-raised and another player re-reraised. By the turn we were all in. I was facing an under-straight and the 98 over straight, thereby losing the tourney.

In this hand, I had the 2nd nuts. I was worried about the overpair because of the two cold-callers. Maybe I shouldn't have been, but I figured there was more of a benefit for calling on the river. Here is the reason why.

On the turn we had one bettor/caller, me (raiser), and two cold-callers of 2 bets. On the river, the bettor/caller bet. If I raise, the bettor would have called, but the two cold-callers? I didn't know what they had. A raise by me could've pushed them off of their hands, making me one bet from the bettor but losing two from the callers. Now, the cold callers had a reason to cold call if they had the nuts, so I figured raising might not be good because if they did have it, i'd lose an extra bet (instead of check calling, I'd have bet, called a re-raise).

But in the end, I was scared. Bottom line. So I slowed down, happy to get what I got.

Ah!

Thanks again everyone. A special thanks to Trip.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home