Check It: DADI |

 




Bodog Booya

Well, I lied. I didn't take a day off of poker. Wifey Kim is having some coworkers over today after their NYC meeting, so I have the night to spend with Mistress Poker. The plan is to head over to Robbie Hole's apartment after work for some Turbo tournaments. I haven't been to Hole's homegame in a while, but apparently they have 8 minute blind tournaments for $15. Now, I don't get the $15. $20 would be so much easier. I don't really get the 8 minutes either, but apparently, this allows them to have 3 tourneys from 8pm to midnight or so. I know there will be some dead money there, but with blinds moving so fast, it will probably be a crapshoot. No complaints from me, though. A little live action is just what the doctor ordered.

So, last night, after Valentine's Day dinner, wifey Kim and I returned home so that I could prepare the spread for her guests. As the chef of the house, I don't mind this in the least. I prepared my usual party-fare, a vegetable platter artfully prepared with onion dip, and a nicely arranged cheese platter. Wifey Kim was envisioning some hot food, but we decided that, for simplicity's sake, cold was the way to go and would compliment the wine nicely.

Once that was done, and I helped clean the apartment, wifey Kim decided to do an entire cleaning overhaul of our bedroom. So be it. Fortunately, she gave me time off to relax, and relax at my home means poker.

Not knowing how long wifey Kim would need, I decided to take a swipe at Bodog. I wanted my revenge for the -25BB ($50) in losses there while bonus clearing. The deck decided to hit me in the face. I had 97o in the BB and flopped T97. I was a little cautious after I was check-raised and reraised on the flop, but the turn was a 9 and I filled up my boat again. I felt gunshy, fearing that my opponent held TT or T9, but I just kept betting, hoping that those possibilities were as remote as they seemed. I was right, and was paid off nicely.

I flopped a 966 when holding pocket 9s for a full house. I check raised and reraised my way to a fat pot. On the river, an Ace came. I bet out and my opponent folded. He typed, "you got me on the river." I didn't respond. "what did you have?" I had to respond to that. "pay to play btch!" He didn't know what hit him.

I did lose a hand or two. AQs had a nut flush draw on the flop. I bet the whole way until I missed on the river and checked. He bet and I folded. I have a feeling he was also on the flush draw, but at that point, I decided a cut-and-run approach was for the best. If he had the tiniest piece of the board, I was toast. In hindsight, the pot was about 13$, so a $2 call may have been wise, but I was going on intuition. I figured him for top pair of Ks after some analysis. Oh well oh well.

The end result is $26 profit playing 1/2 limit. I've decided to keep a spreadsheet with daily wins/losses. I've tried to do this in the past, but I inevitably stop keeping track because after I am done playing, I just want to get up and leave. Also, my old spreadsheets were too detailed. The new ones have 4 things to enter: date, site played on, type of game (stakes included) and win/loss. This will hopefully provide some much-needed perspective.

I also have PokerTracker registered and up and running. I have to register AceHud. I've been using the demo version and I like it overall. Once I get into the swing of things, I plan on focusing on a site where PT will work and help my decisions. I'm probably going to use it mostly for limit games, because I can see how PT could cause me some problems and errors in a NL situation. I haven't played in a NL cash games in a while, so no harm no foul, anyway.

I want to play a big MTT, but I have no time. Maybe I'll enter one during/after the DADIII event this Friday. I can't believe it's so soon. I'm excited.

So, that's all people. No complaining today. Just good ole poker joy! Have a good one!

posted by Jordan @ 11:46 AM,

6 Comments:

At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to suggest one more field for your spreadsheet: length of session. I think you'll probably find that your profits will vary quite a bit based on the length of your session. I can't count the number of times I've doubled my buy-in in a half hour or so only to lose the whole thing later on because I had to play "just one more orbit."

 
At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good idea, Matt. I'll have to round it up/down by quarter hour though, because I have to keep it simple. If I worry about exact minutes, I'll get myself back into the trap that caused me to stop keeping track in the first place.

I may also look into Poker Dominator.com.

 
At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Call me curious and I may hate the answer but... Just which wine is complimentary to a raw carrot stick with a glob of onion dip? MD 20/20 or possibly a Gallo White Zin?

 
At 4:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look, I just prepare the spreads (which admittedly were not terribly inspired this time around). Whatever the case, I am sure that the correct wine to compliment the meal comes in a box.

 
At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

kaellinn18 -- play hours, not results;

http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/daniel/poker-articles/all-poker-articles.php?subaction=showfull&id=1118426862&ucat=8

 
At 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the PSO promotion Bodog gives you 50 of the Bodog points to start with out of the 200 you need? This will be easier than I thought.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home