Check It: DADI |

 




Obstacles Overcome

I'm dealing with some obstacles, but I've circumvented them to get to a very warm and successful place. The major obstacle has been my computers. I have three computers in my apartment. One is my desktop, another is fiance Kim's laptop, and the third is my old lawschool laptop, which may as well be a rotary computer (and for you kids out there, rotary refers to the oldskool phones with the rotating dial used to...well, dial). Man, I could bitch and moan about the computer scenario for a day and a half, but I'd rather just get to the bottom line. Both my desktop and my laptop are unable to get Internet via their wireless cards OR the LAN line. I don't know who I have to sleep with to get my computers fixed, but I'm all prettied up and ready to go!

As a result, I hooked up my old laptop, and surprisingly got a connection. I spent a while on the phone with Dell and RCN (my ISP), and neither could help me. Tomorrow, I'll drop my laptop off at a repair place, where they will charge me $75 for the first hour, and $30 each additional half hour. If the ads I've seen on the TV are any indication, I should probably just buy a new computer. I think I found out who I'm going to have to sleep with, and it's a computer nerd making $75 an hour. God damn!

But wait! The name of this post is obstacles overcome, right? Right! I'm glad you are paying attention. You see, now that I have the Internet running, I've been playing poker. What a surprise, right? I lost about $40 on Sunday, but since then I've been riding STRONG. I reached $375 earlier tonight, and took a break. When I returned, I realized that I was ready for the $2/4 tables, according to the Limit Challenge framework. I played about 4 hands at a severely short-handed table (3-4 people), and I was down $26! Damn, these 2/4 sharks are tough! Or so I thought. I came back, and just finished up $55. With $430 on Noble, I've reached my August goal, and now am fighting for the illustrious $500 mark. At this rate, I'll pay for the computer repair, um, I mean new TV, in no time.

That's it for now. Fiance Kim wants to use the comp, and since this is the only one with Internet...well, let's share, shall we.

Rock on people! Your 7th favorite poker blogger thanks you.

posted by Jordan @ 8:37 PM,

3 Comments:

At 11:34 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

"Rock on people! Your 7th favorite poker blogger thanks you."

I love your posts man. Solid Gold.

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger GaryC said...

You are the man, no doubt in my mind.

G

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

Damn, guys, you are all too kind. I'm the man, G? Solid gold, Trip? I'm a daily read, New? Well shit on a shingle. I thought this was one of my worst posts yet! I know I've been slipping lately while acclimating to my new job and life. Thanks for the positive words.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home