Check It: DADI |

 




Stick and Move Poker

Last night, I left work at 6:30pm and headed straight to dinner for my brother Keith's fiance's birthday. We ended up at Bistango, and Italian restaurant at 29th and 3rd, which is across the street from my old apartment. The food was fantastic, and the service even better. The top dog, Anthony, owner and manager, has always been nothing but kind and SINCERE. Sincerity is a rare trait, so my hat is off to him and his array of delicious food.

Where was I? Oh, then we went to Maker's, a dive of a bar that is also across from my old apartment. Good times had by all. By the time I got home, it was 10:30pm, and I covertly hopped online. "Don't start a game," I heard from the other room. Grumble. I haven't been able to play as much as I'm used to for a while now, thanks to my Internet connection problems and fiance Kim's uber-wedding mode. She can sit on the computer for 3 hrs editing a two page program for the ceremony. God bless her, because she is doing a great job, but all work and no poker, makes blah bee blah blah blah.

Of course, I scouted the situation. Fiance Kim was in the bathroom, door open, working on something or other that involves intense staring at close distance from a mirror. "How long will you be?" I asked, hoping for a clean 10 min. "5 minutes or so." Done! In fiance Kim speak (heck, in any chick speak) 5 minutes is roughly 15.

I immediately go through my online poker setup. AIM, check. Noble Poker, check. Internet Explorer, check. They all loaded up and I was ready to play. As soon as AIM was up and running, I received a chat invitation from none other than DNasty himself. DNasty whooped me something good a couple of days ago in the Heads-Up Challenge. I congratulated him again, with utmost sincerity. I must admit, it was the best matchup I've had so far. We chatted a bit, with random comments from DoubleAs. By way of update, Steeler lost to DoubleAs, and DNasty beat him (I think that is right). The HUC has been a success overall (except for my 8th seat standing), and for that I'm proud. Anyone interested in the next HUC should get comfortable. This one should end in about 2-3 weeks, and I can't imagine starting another for months...not to say I don't want to.

Ah, so here we go. After some light chat, I sat at two $1/2 tables. My Noble bankroll has been steadily, but slowly climbing. My goal is to reach $400 by August 31, and I'm now at $367, a $27 uptick thanks to my stick and move technique. In all honesty, it's more out of necessity than technique. With everything going on, I'm usually only able to play for about 15-20 minutes lately. Fortunately, in that short span of time, I've been hitting hands and then booking the hell out of there. Thank god for loose players. I can't say my play has been exceptional. But when you hold KK, and the board is J high, AND two players call you down, one with top pair but a shit kicker and the other with middle pair and an unsuited Ace kicker, you really don't have to do much. Even so, hand selection has remained key. I could just as likely be getting crappy hands over 15 minutes and leave a loser. However, if I have good hand selection, I'm liable to be down $5 after running cold, instead of $15 after playing loose. Hand selection folks. It can make or break your game.

This is a rambling post, so excuse the lack of cohesiveness, insight, or, for that matter, anything of interest.

My home game is busted for tonight. I only had two responses. Mental note: Not homegames on Fridays. It's great for me because fiance Kim will be on Long Island tonight, but usually most of the guys are busy with their girlfriends and such. I can't blame them, as the mostly don't live with their girls and some of them only see them on weekends. That said, Robbie Hole's joy, Joy, is away or something, so Hole and I will be prowling the streets. Did someone say, "illegal card room?" Oh, I guess not. Turns out they said, "A seagull's hard doom." But even so, Aquarium is a possibility. I haven't been there yet, but now is as good a time as any.

In other weird news, my 5 lawyer firm has 4 people out of the office today. Do the math. DO IT. Now you see...I'm the only lawyer left. So, in my first week as an attorney at the new firm, I'm in charge! I plan on making the secretaries do a cheerleader pyramid later. I love abusing what little power I have. Unfortunately, with only two secretaries, the pyramid won't be much to look at. Brain storm coming....I get to be the peak!

Blah blah blah. Sorry I wasted your time with this posting. At least you didn't waste your time with "productivity!" Productivity is -EV.

Poker time.

posted by Jordan @ 8:48 AM,

3 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Blogger GaryC said...

I think I like your "rambling" posts as well as the "thought-out" posts. Nice job.

How are we going to determine who plays who in the 2nd round of the HU Challenge Commish? I know we aren't there yet, but I was just wondering.

G

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Jordan said...

Same as the first. Each player will play against each other player. Only this time, they'll play each other player for a best 2 out of 3. So, let's say players A, B, C, and G make it to the 2nd round. If G plays against A and wins the first 2 of 3, plays against B and wins one but loses two, and wins 2 but loses 1 against C, G's record is 2-1. See?

Good.

Any ties are sudden death.

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger WillWonka said...

Have you ever been to:
http://www.blogsonpoker.com/
They have you listed as one of the most popular... congrats..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home