Check It: DADI |

 




Hole Home Game and You Decide #14

Hole's game was a great success tonight. I was down two buy-ins, and had bought for a third $20 at one point in the night. Thanks to the last hand (and practically solely the last hand), I turned a $21 profit on the night.

The game started very shorthanded. Being the industrious addicts that we are, Robbie Hole, Randle, Roose and I played mixed games, a first for my group of players. I explained basic 7-stud. We moved onto Omaha Limit. Then we played 7-stud Hi/Lo, Omaha H/L, Pot Limit Omaha, Razz, and Crazy Pineapple. With the exception of Crazy Pineapple and Omaha Limit, I wasn't doing much of anything with my cards. I've been cold-decked again. Variance is mine enemy.

Finally, three other players showed up, and we settled into .25/.50 NLHE. This is where I lost my 2nd buy-in. I eventually won some hands, and worked up to about -$20 on the night, when Hole called the last hand of the evening. This conveniently brings us to this most recent installment of:

You Decide #14
We were four-handed. The button was Hole. Roose was SB. Loose-player Scotty was BB. I was first to act. I had QhKh. I raised to $1.50. Hole called. Roose folded. Scotty bet $3. I called. Rob called. The flop was TcJh3h. I held a 2nd nut flush draw and an open-ended straight draw. I also assumed I had 2 overs to anyone who was willing to make a stand. Scotty bet $3. I raised to $6. Rob called. Scotty re-raised all-in for $12, more. I called. Scotty had Th7h, for a flush draw (lower than mine) and middle pair. The turn was a 7c, ruining my overcards by giving Scotty two-pair. The river was an Ac. It took us a second, and then we realized, I hit my straight.

Did I have the odds? Did I play incorrectly anywhere along the way? Obviously it worked out, but at the end there, it was looking pretty grim.

That's it for tonight. Not working is messing with my routine, and I haven't been keeping up enough on blogs or the HUC as much as I should. All in due time, I suppose.

Poker, anyone?

posted by Jordan @ 12:41 AM,

6 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Blogger WillWonka said...

In my opinion, easy call... you were a huge favorite after the flop.. but what do I know.

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger TripJax said...

Right call.

Flush, open-ended str8, as well as two possible overs to win it. I'd toss the deed to my house in the middle of the table.

Erm, strike that last sentence.

Dude, we gotta play our game before I go on vacation. Look me up on AIM tonight or Saturday...

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger GaryC said...

We're all in agreement here- easy call, but what do I know? I put all my chips in the middle with 7-2 off-suit. Hehe.

G

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

Good to know. I thought it was the right move, but the table had mixed reactions. Hey Trip, I'm down for playing, but I'm really busy, so maybe we can squeeze one in later.

 
At 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with the rest it was an easy call!

 
At 5:56 AM, Blogger High Plains Drifter said...

Chiming in with a "me too"...

You're right to not fold that hand. I generally like to reraise more than minimum when I hold a strong semi-bluff hand - I don't mind them folding.

After Scotty bet $3, I would've raised to $9-12 or so, to try and win it right there.

If I want the hand to stay 3-handed, I'd have called Scotty's $3, hoping Rob stuck around, and promising myself I'm going to call any turn bet. That's probably the risky/greedy/dumb way to play that hand post-flop though.

With that draw, you're in a very strong position against just about everything. On the flop: Against T7-hearts, you're a 64% favorite to win. You're an underdog to AT-hearts (35% to win) and a set of tens with the Th (40% to win), so even worst case, you're not a huge dog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home