Check It: DADI |

 




Won and Only

I’ve finally won a Heads Up Challenge match. It was against TripJax, one of the players who are essentially a lock for Round 2. I wish I could say the same for myself. I’ve been running through some scenarios, and if I win my two remaining matches against SteelerJosh and Dnasty, I have a chance of making it into Round 2. Of course, for this to happen, I need the planets to align. To get an idea of how much I’ve thought of this, the ideal scenario would be as follows:

I beat SteelerJosh and DNasty
Trip Jax beats DNasty
WillWonka beats Mourn
DNasty beats Mourn
Steeler beats DNasty
DoubleAs beats Steeler
DNasty beats DoubleAs

If all goes according to plan, Wonka, Mourn, DNasty, Steeler, and DoubleAs will all have 3-4 records (as will I). So, it is possible, although not terribly likely. In the end, there is room for some variation from the ideal scenario, but no room on my part. I HAVE TO win my matches. For this reason, I will only play when conditions are optimal.

Today, I have a BBQ and a wedding at night. Tomorrow, I’m off to the beach (assuming nice weather). So, it will be a light weekend for poker. I start my new job on Monday, which is a bit bewildering. However, I’m just going to go in there and eradiate confidence. After all, 90% of everything is confidence. If you sound like you know what you are talking about, everyone will assume that you do know what you are talking about.

Rock on people! And play some poker for me.

posted by Jordan @ 11:43 AM,

5 Comments:

At 4:05 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

Good luck at the new job and way to spank me at the tables last night...Mourn whooped me too so I'm now 4-2...

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

Thanks a lot, Trip. Now, my predictions will have to be shuffled. You let me down. For shame!

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger GaryC said...

Let me add my best wishes on the new job Monday. Good luck.

Rock on indeed.

G

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger STeelerJosh said...

GL with the first day, not so good luck with the match against me!! I am ready when you are.....

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

Thanks guys. I'm getting geared up for the big first day. I already know that I am going to court on Tuesday on a complicated motion, so I'm being thrown right into the fire.

Steel, hopefully I'll see you tonight. I'll be on at about 8-10 or 11pm, on and off.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home