Check It: DADI |

 




Un-Noble

For whatever reason, I could not get onto Noble Poker last night. It was driving me up the wall. I decided to play some .25/.50 NL on UB, the only other site where I have money. I can't use that site anymore, because I lost my $10 buy-in, which was admittedly too small to sit with. I still have about $11 on UB, but I plan on using that for my Heads Up Challenge matches against SteelerJosh and DNasty. I formally challenge Steeler yesterday for a 9pm matchup, but he no-showed. Chickenshit. I won't let you off that easily.

I decided to hook up my wireless router, which mysteriously stopped working right before my move about 3 weeks ago. Well, the wireless router just doesn't work, so I'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy a new one. I hate spending money.

To complicate things further, I was unable to get my Internet to work, once I re-hooked it up to the desktop computer. It's still not working, but I set up my laptop to the cable modem, so I do have Internet, thankfully. It just sucks that I have no idea why my desktop isn't connecting to the Internet. The problem with computers is, there are so many opportunities for problems. If it was a calculator, it would work fine, but the more complicated things get (in general), the more opportunities for errors or malfunctions. That's why no computer I've ever owned worked without a glitch for more than a year. Once that year rolls around, the font gets screwy in Internet Explorer, or popups appear whenever I start up, telling me that the computer cannot find Program X, a program I've never used or knew of before the notification.

Onto other things, the new job is going well. The firm is a lot smaller than I expected, with only 5 attorneys, soon to be 6. The rest of the floor is owned by the firm, but subletted to other attorneys or professionals. The fun part is figuring who works for who. I didn't get an especially detailed orientation, but I'm used to learning on the job. Now, I just have to keep up my long(er) hours (8am to 6:30pm) for the time being, until I can settle into a routine. It's been doable, but I am a man of leisure. In the end, I know that this conditioning is good for me.

That's it for now. Keep working hard....at poker!

posted by Jordan @ 8:20 AM,

4 Comments:

At 8:39 AM, Blogger GaryC said...

Glad to hear the job is going well, J. Sorry about the long hours, but, you know, somebody's got to do it. Might as well NOT be me.
If you're playing tonight, look me up. I will be at it tonight.

G

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

Wilfred Brimley? Where the hell did that come from?

Thanks New and GCox. I'll hopefully be on tonight (be warned Steeler and DNasty). Look me up, fellers.

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger GaryC said...

I believe he was making reference to "The Firm" by John Grisham.

I'll be on there tonight also. Already looking forward to it.

G

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger STeelerJosh said...

You little punk. Let me set the record straight. I try to setup a game with Jordan and he puts on a falsetto voice and types back into AIM - "This isn't Jordan, this is fiance Kim...." Yeah right!! I know it was you hiding behind your bad impression of a girl.

Anyway, I was on last night, checked DNasty off my list and was looking to put another notch in my poker chip with you.... but no answer. Hopefully our schedules can connect soon so you can get what is coming to ya!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home