Check It: DADI |

 




Rocking with my Salami Out

I received this comment tonight:

Anonymous said...

You shoulda stayed at Salami. The tournament ended up being 2 tables as the big game merged into 1 table and then a 2/5 game started afterwards and went til the wee hours. We were also discussing who was this mysterious "High on Poker" dude, so you woulda fit right in.

7:47 PM

Mysterious High on Poker dude? Shit!

I've pretty much known that Dawn from I Had Outs was made at the Salami game. I remember a while ago her telling a story about someone at the club asking her about her site. However, I though HoP was able to remain below the radar. In hindsight, I guess this was bound to happen. After all, I'm linked up with the IHO girls, so its perfectly logical that someone would find me through her link or use our common codename for the club, aka Salami, to do a Google Search. That said, now that I know that Salami players are reading this blog, I'm a tad nervous. After all, I've just wrote about how I like the fact that most of my competition doesn't read this blog, and therefore does not know some of my plays. Now, it seems like I've been exposed.

Ironically, even though people seem to know of HoP, they haven't connected me to HoP yet. That's freaking hysterical when you think about the fact that I have a god damn uniform, practically, when I play at Salami. I mean, look for the guy with the Buddha statue and you've found HoP.

I suppose it isn't terribly surprising though. I don't go to Salami often. Heck, I've only been there 8 times this whole half-year. Also, I'm not prone to giving out my name, mostly because there never seems to be an opportunity for me to say, "Hello, I'm Jordan. Nice to meet you fellow underground poker player," without looking like a tool. I suppose my anti-social personality doesn't help.

Oh well. Nothing will change. If I'm outed, so be it. Maybe my raises will even start to get some respect. Lord knows I'll keep talking about the fishy action at Salami.

Until next time, make mine poker!

posted by Jordan @ 8:27 PM,

8 Comments:

At 10:40 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

Good call on the Nice Look club. It definitely has the best of all worlds and only *maybe* will get raided from time to time. :-)

Anywho, the managers there already outed me as a blogger and it's all cool if you don't give away any details. So no worries about the blogging. The players will generally call you down with top pair, middle kicker anyway!

 
At 3:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buddha statue? There is a guy with a buddha statue but he's there like 2 or 3 times a week. Trying to throw us off the scent?

On your up side, how many people at Salami actually read blogs? I wouldn't worry too much. Alphonse. Blog. Uh huh.

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

I was there one time for 2 hours and got outted as a blogger. Can't believe it took you so long!

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Dawn Summers said...

Yeah...welcome to my world. I'll teach you the best ways to cover your face in shame when some guy walks up to you and says "by the way, I wasn't drunk."

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger KajaPoker said...

something is up with your feed. It keeps spitting out a lot of older posts in random fashion. I tried to re-subscribe but it's still happening.

That is all.

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

SONUVA! I'll see what I can do, Kaja. Anyuone got suggestions?

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

Kaja, the feed is coming out fine for me. What site do you use to read blogs? I use Google Reader (highly recommended.

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger bayne_s said...

I would suggest a Batman T-Shirt as part of the disguise

 

Post a Comment

<< Home