Check It: DADI |

 




Community Pimpin'

I love myself some side games with bloggers, whether it be Chess, or prop bets on the WSOP, or a Challenge of some sort. To me, its all about the poker blogging community, and for you newbies out there, its a great way to get a bit more involved and meet some likeminded people. For you experienced and jaded bloggers, its a great opportunity to rub elbows with each other and frankly, have a good time. So without further adieu...

I've got to spread the word about 23Skidoo's NFL Pick'em pool, mostly because I like wasting my hard-earned money on foolish sports betting. But alas, we need more players, so if you are interested, do the following, taken verbatim from Skidoo's site:

Pickem' info:

In order to join the group, just go to Pro Football Pick'em, click the "Sign Up" button (or "Create or Join Group" if you are a returning user). From there, follow the path to join an existing private group and when prompted, enter the following information...

Group ID#: 14591
Password: hammer

Please sign up with your FT or PS screen name.

Please send me an e-mail or post here if you are interested in the Fantasy league. I'll create the league once I have an idea how many teams we've got.

So, if you like football, sports betting, or rubbing elbows with your fellow bloggers, sign up. I think he is shooting to arrange a $10 to 20 buy-in for the season, but you can join the pick'em league and skip the sports betting if it ain't your thing (i.e., if you are an axe wound). And feel free to check out Skidoo's site, with his new, super awesome banner!

Also, rumor has it that someone might be taking on the mantle as the Commissioner for the Fifth of the Heads Up Challenge. If that is the case (nothing is finalized), you'll know that I'll be all up in that shiznit and you should too. Once again, gashes need not apply.

The Chess Challenge sucks. Haha! To be more accurate, I suck at Chess. But I had a great time losing all 10 of my matches. The finals will be held between MeanHappyGuy and my good pal MattyEbs. Good luck to them both.

I'm still kicking around the idea of having a one-shot DADI tournament. But its still in the kicking-around stages. After all, there are enough blogger tournaments already...or are there?! (That was meant to sound ominous. I don't think it was terribly effective.) Still, I think there is a blogger tournament niche that I'd like to fill with this one shot. Once I'm beyond the thought-stage, I'll make a more formal announcement.

Hell, and since they could use more players, next Tuesday, check out the Monkey Tourney on PokerStars, a $10+1 NLHE private tournament hosted by ISS Spock at 8:30 EST. And while you are there, check out the 2nd Chance tourney, a random non-NLHE $5.50 tournament, Tuesdays at 10:30 EST. The password is monkey.

Oh, and my RSS feed was messed up, so I'm republishing this to see if it works.

posted by Jordan @ 12:26 PM,

5 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, Blogger Poker4peace said...

I think there's always room for another DADI!

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Jordan - I think your feed is messed up. Did you change it today? I have you subscribed via Bloglines and now it reads "Feedburner for: HighOnPoker" and it seemed messed up. I'll try resubscribing but you might want to look at it.

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

What slimeface said...lets talk soon...

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger MHG said...

For losing all your games, you sure gave me a run for my money in our two games.

Prop bettinnnnnng!

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger Blinders said...

Jordan,

I am proposing sponsoring a Blogger Fantasy Football Battle or BFFB for short. Check my blog for details, and throw me down some community pimpage if you are interested.

Kevin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home