Check It: DADI |

 




DADI 8 Tonight!!!

Don't forget, DADI is tonight!

It's a good thing too. Poker has been a real struggle lately. I was able to take $50 off of the .25/.50 NL blogger-heavy table last night, but that was after over $100 in losses eariler in the night.

Nine.com is no longer as fun as I originally thought. I've kept away from the obscure games, but I got hammered (and not the 72o variety or the Colt 45 variety) at their cash games last night. I could recount the bad beats and second-best hands, but I'm not feeling up to writing it, and I'm sure you aren't feeling up to reading it.

Interestingly, a couple of poker blogger bretheren seem to be MIA lately. I almost wish that I'd join them on a little poker hiatus. I keep trying to keep my eventual goal in mind, to become a top player, but that goal is a bitch to reach. The game is made for ups and downs, and I'm in one of those downs that feel practically hopeless. My yearly profits are down to about $1050, which is simultaneously cause for concern and cause for joy. On one hand, $1050 isn't much money for all the time I spend playing. On the other, $1050 is still a profit...for all the time I spend playing.

But I won't get too bogged down in this crap. Right now, the plan is to take what little dough I have left at Nine.com and do my best to reach the $150 cash bonus. I'm about halfway there. I already completed my VPP bonus, but the planets have aligned such that I feel obliged to work toward that $150. It'll be tough though, since I'm desperately short at Nine.com now. One thing is for sure though, I ain't redepositing there. I know better.

My brain has been stuck on AC lately. I'm leaving next Friday and but I've been there in my head for two weeks already. Once I get there, I'm flicking off the self-doubt switch and kicking into smart poker mode. Let's hope my switch still works.

I'm leaving it at that today. Thank god the DADI is a rebuy. I look forward to letting out my frustration (and my bankroll) on all of you. See you there.

posted by Jordan @ 9:45 AM,

5 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, Blogger cmitch said...

I was going to try to make the DADI event tonight, but I have to much packing to do. Too bad, because I love rebuys and it would be a blast.

Good luck tonight and kick it into high gear when get to AC.

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

I am with you J.. When you have a decent job the money you have made so far is nothing, but chalk it up to college education and when we both graduate we will make some money.

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

Thanks, Waffle. I try to keep the longview. You know, Felicia once told me that the people who tell you "Its variance" are actually hurting you. I think there is a lot of validity to that statement. I definitely don't intend to seek out a pity party. But on the other hand, comments like Waffle's or frankly any sincere comment or support from people who I respect as players is sometimes much needed. Its just another way to remind myself that while I am losing now, I am not a losing player. (But don't worry Felicia, I won't blame it on variance and I'll keep working on my game).

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Matt Silverthorn said...

See you at DADI 8!!

 
At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck, I'll see you at the DADI.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home