Check It: DADI |

 




My $300 Event

It's very early, but I think I may have found the $300 to $500 event that I would like to play by the end of the year. Bankroll considerations must be made, but if I can somehow scratch together the cash by then (it isn't much cash, but I don't want to put up a ridiculous amount of my bankroll without some assistance by good fortune), it looks like I'm set.

What's the event? It's a $260+40 modified Shootout tournament on October 31, 2006 (yes, Halloween!) at the Foxwoods, leading up to the WPT Finals.

Why this event? Well, first off, I want something local. I was looking at AC or Foxwoods. The timing isn't bad. It gives me months before actual game day. I'm not 100% happy with the fact that it will be on Halloween, since it is one of my favorite holidays, and its a Tuesday, so I'll have to take off of work. However, I'm pretty damn good at live SNGs, especially when the blinds escalate a bit too fast. Basically, I think I have a good feel for when I can make moves (live), and I have a certain amount of gamble in me which I think is crucial in these tournaments.

Will it actually happen? Who knows. I'd like it to. Part of me wonders why I'm building this up so much when I should just take the money and play in some $100 tournaments in AC, but I guess its partially the experience. I also feel like I'll play better with more on the line.

There it is. Hopefully it will all come together. But if not, I'm sure there is another one around the corner. Until then...

posted by Jordan @ 5:51 PM,

3 Comments:

At 9:09 PM, Blogger slb159 said...

Maybe you should just stick to HU matches on poker.com.
Seriously, you'll always be wondering if "that could have been the one" if you don't give it a whirl. I'd suggest planning ahead (even though it's early yet) to be participating in that event. Good luck man...hope to see you sign up.

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

Um, do you mean playing in the Foxwoods event? Whatever the case, my plan may be in the shitter. I ran it by wifey Kim and she voiced her objection. Halloween is one of our favorite holidays, so it looks like the search will continue.

 
At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a modified shootout, meaning the top three from each table advance. Do you know what the payout structure is like? With a normal shootout, if you win your table, you know you are cashing. With top 3, I don't think you are guaranteed cashing because that would be top 30%.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home