Check It: DADI |

 




DADI 8 Reminder


DADI 8 is fast approaching. It's a rebuy, so bring your wallets. I, personally, plan to rebuy moreso than usual, of course, only if necessary. I've offered up $5.50 (your initial buy-in free!) to the person who rebuys the most. I'm not going to be popping around, since my number one goal is to whoop some ass, so you are all to be on your best behavior. Let me know if you see some truly donktastic rebuying.

And if it's a DADI tournament, you know there are some great prizes.

PokerOnAMac.com has added $100 into the prize-pool!

VegasPokerPro.com has offered 2000 VPP Points, split amongst four DADI participants. First place gets 800 VPP Points. Second place and the Bubble get 400 VPP Points. Whoever busts VPP_Dave gets 400 VPP Points as a bounty!

----------------
Poker was good and bad this weekend. On Friday, I made the board on the 45 SNG Challenge, placing first out of 45 players to win $140+ in profit. It was a turbo game, which actually plays into my gambling style. At one point, with blinds of 300/400/50 or so, I was down to under 200 chips. The very next hand, I got pocket Aces. If that wasn't enough, the hand after that, I got the Diamond Hammer, 72d. Conservative Hammerists believe that suited hammers are pure garbage, but I say thee nay. Rather, you can't crack the Diamond Hammer and this case was no exception. A player pushed in EP/MP. I decided to call. I hoped he'd isolate me and I could take a chance heads up, but someone else called. The two players both had Ace-high, and the rivered 7 made me a winner! I had some chips at that point, but I was still within the rule of 10 (less than 10 BBs). Some players may have thought that such a call was foolish, but I had a good read on the original pusher and I could put him on two high-cards. My real fear was a pocket pair acting after me, but to win these larger multi-table turbos, you need to have a little gamble in you.

I then lost $80 or so through the course of the night, leaving me with $60 profit. Nine.com through VPP has been rough lately. I've fallen on hard times at the Limit Tables, where suckouts are fairly common. Some of the blame, though, rests soundly on me. Also, I've been dabbling in some of their more obscure games, like Big 2 and Chinese Poker. I'd explain the games to you, but my track record indicates that I know jack shit. Whatever the case, from here on out, I'm putting those games (which are played against other players) in the Table Game category and are summarily banning them. No more leaks! Overall, I lost another $150 on various games over Saturday and Sunday. Woe is me!

But se la vie or whatever. I need to keep my focus, work on my game, and avoid these god aweful leaks. I believe that Chip Reese said that a good player only wins about 65% of his sessions, so I guess I'm still ahead of that curve. Unfortunately, I'm lagging in my overall goal of reaching $2,400 in winnings by the end of the year (adjusted after my past boom from $1,800 for the year). One long session, though, right?

I think I know what I want for my birthday and Hannukah (yes, I'm a member of the tribe): a buy-in to a $300 or $500 event. Simple enough, isn't it.

Good night and good luck. See you all at DADI 8.

posted by Jordan @ 12:07 PM,

5 Comments:

At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You call your play with a 7-2 a gamble???

Lets call a spade a spade....this was not gutsy, it was a gimmick. I allow you to pull the horseshoe out of your ass.

- Anonymous King

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

Rebuy..oh boy..I'm doomed for sure..I will try to be there to make my donations..lol

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Heavy Critters said...

Hey! I may be actually able to afford this one!

No rebuys, of course...

;)

 
At 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How does the bounty work with the rebuy? First person to knock me out or whoever is the final person to knock me out? Whichever is fine with me, but should probably be clarrified ahead of time.

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

Well said, Dave. I think the best way to do it is to give the bounty to whoever knocks you out ultimately. Of course, I emplore you to keep rebuying until after the rebuy period is over, unless I knock you out, at which point, you should probably quit.

Anonymous King, the Suited Hammer is definitely a gimmick. However, I will try to find the hand history and post it. Once I do that, I have a feeling that the intelligence of the move is actually a lot greater than it seems.

By the way, Anonymous King has been outted as Dan Harrington, so clap it up folks, we have a true celebrity and pro offering advice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home