Check It: DADI |

 




Throw it on the Wall

The cat is back and I'm worse for wear. While Mama High is in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, wifey Kim and I are playing host to Ernesto Fernandez-Madrid Montoya the cat, aka Ernie. When last we watched Ernie, I instituted a no-sleeping-in-our-bed rule, but last night, the rule was ignored. Boy was that cat cute when he decided to play capture the toes at 5:11am this morning. Of course I' m not tired or grumpy. Fucking cat! Let's try to put that behind us.

I was doing well last night, overall. Started by losing $35 in PLO8 at Party and then taking a break. When I came back, I spent about an hour earning $36 at Stars, recovering in 60 minutes what took 5 minutes to lose. The good part was that I DID recover. I also put in some time at a $50max NL room with Waffle and 23Skidoo. I won $5 there as well, after an excessively long period of time.

But then I did it. A 9-person PLO8 Turbo SNG on Stars for $16. I bubbled. Damn me! I wonder if I should give up on SNGs all together, but then I just realize that there will be times when I just won't win, and I tell myself to stop being such a puss.

The challenge is set, for all intents and purposes, for a Last Longer Stable Match between Team Extreme (Gary, Trip, and I) and a the deadly combo of Waffles, Hoy and Duggle. The stakes are still up in the air, but they will be in the $5 to $10 range. The team with the lowest combined place wins. If either team has all three players outlast the other team's three players, the winning team doubles there money.

The general challenge is still open, so if you have the testicular fortitude to face the three-headed monster, I just have two words for you: Bring it! And here are two more words: Bad Beat!

That's what I call a segway, since I'm about to talk about bad beat stories. I was chatting with an unnamed blogger last night who was running bad. I have to admit, I think I've reach bad beat story saturation point. So, I'm instituting the $1 rule, as set forth by some other esteemed bloggers. If you want to tell me a bad beat story, pay up. Otherwise, I don't give two rat's asses about the 2 outter. Poker happens, and the last thing that I need is to feign sympathy for someone else's misfortunes while I internally smile at the thought that I am not the only one getting his junk rearranged by fate. Schadenfreude indeed!

Okay, let's institute another DADI-related contest, just because. I'm reinstituting the Smack Talk contest. Rules are as follows: during the DADI event, talk some smack. Copy and paste said smack talk into a comment on this blog. If I receive three entries or more, I will choose the best smack talk. That person will win one of three things: (1) A copy of Daniel Negreanu's Stacked for the PC, (2) A copy of one of several poker books that I own, or (3) two deck of Copag cards. I'll even let you rename this crappy blog, if you rather have that.

Tonight I may go to Genoa with David Roose for the $50+10 tournament. I fear that it is a rebuy on Fridays, and if it is, Dave is not interested. No problem, as we have a backup plan to head over to X-Men 3, the Last Stand. I swear, they may take away my comic book geek license if I don't get to this movie. I already have tentative plans to see Superman at Imax with the wifey. I have a sinking suspicion that both movies will suck, but reviews suggest otherwise.

I guess I'm already running out of steam for today, so stop reading this and go do something productive. Jordan, out!

posted by Jordan @ 9:46 AM,

16 Comments:

At 10:29 AM, Blogger jjok said...

The Don, the father of Drew, and a donkey.......

Chawunge!!!!!

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger TripJax said...

what's up with the image??

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Jordan said...

Trip, is the image coming out weird? It's just another evil cat, since I couldn't find any more homicidal cats.

JJ, we accept your challenge, but what stakes? We'll accept anything from $1 to $10, per player. Also, would you like to institute the double-up rule if all players from one team outlast all of the players from the other team (i.e., our team goes out 20th, 18th and 17th, and your team goes out 14th, 7th and 1st?).

Get those details to me and game on.

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

I am so in with the Waffles and Duggle team.

This is gonna be the easiest $60 the three of us have ever made.

Btw your image is not coming up as a cat. It's much more sinister than that.

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Jordan said...

OK, this is freaking me out. All I see is a pic of a cat with glowing red eyes. What the hell do you guys see?

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Jordan said...

OK, I see it now. It works fine on Mozilla FireFox, but not on IE. I'm taking the pic down.

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

Jordan,

The New School wants a piece of you guys too.

Bone Daddy, Fuel55 and this humble rambler will be happy to take $30 from your collective coffers.
(How's that for gratitude Trip?) Naturally, being manly men and 66.6% hockey playing Canucks, we're in for the double-up too.

Consider it brought.

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger John G. Hartness said...

X3 - kinda sucked. Not terribly, but if you're a real-deal comic book geek, it'll feel kinda like eating rice cakes, the time was spent, but why did you bother?

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger C.L. Russo said...

Can there be more than two teams in the challenge?

Hmmm...I could get Surf and Felicia on my team and ride their coattails...then I could win the smacktalk challenge and make a profit without even placing in the tourney!

After that...I'll take over the world. MWAHAAAHAHHAHH!

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

I will take any comers. Here's the thing, though. I didn't expect that much action, so for every new request, I'm putting a max of $5 per player. I can't lose my whole bankroll on last longers.

So far, I have two games booked.

Waffle, Duggle and Hoy for an unknown amount of money with the double-up rule in effect. Get me a team name or you'll just be called the WHD.

And the New School for $10/pp with the double up rule.

Oh, and for now on, we'll just call Trip, G and I Team PokerTrust.

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

I also forgot about JJROK, Miami Don, and Drewspop. Don't have an amount from them yet either.

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger C.L. Russo said...

Why not everyone put five bucks in the hat and have the last longerest team win? Or is that how it is set up?

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

CL, I set it up straight up, since I didn't know how many responses I would get. However, if anyone is interested in a multi-stable Last Longer bet, then I'm game. So, I'm considering each current bet to be heads-up stable Last Longer bets, BUT if members of those teams agree, I would be more than glad to make it a multi- for $5 or $10.

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger jjok said...

Jordan,

In the first orbit, you open-raise UTG with AA. It folds to Gcox on the button who pushes in all of his chips.

What do you do?.....What do you do?

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

I think I just prefer the standard heads-up stables. If we do it CL's way, doesn't that just mean we're really betting on who individually is going to win the tournament? I mean, either way it's my team that gets there, but I don't think one giant last-longer bet is the best way.

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

JJOK, you fold. G probably already has three of a kind preflop if he is re-raising.

Hammer, that's your perogative. But remember, it is not a last longer bet, it's a stable last longer bet. Lowest TOTAL place wins. The option is still open to the other participants, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home