Check It: DADI |

 




Just Say No to the Blogger Freeroll

I don't actually intend to sway anyone. Hell, I don't want to really. But I thought I'd take .5 minutes to explain why I will not be playing in the Sunday Blogger Freeroll at PokerStars.

Let me start by saying that PokerStars is a great site, and its wonderful that they offer bloggers opportunities like this. However, the tournament this year is ridiculous, and it just doesn't make sense for me to (a) play and (b) put up their banner to advertise if I'm not going to play.

Why not play? Let's take a look:

That's all there is to it. It's a cost-benefit analysis and the costs don't equal the benefits. Now, I don't discourage anyone from playing. I just wanted to post my thoughts, since I'm usually all for blogger freerolls. Good luck to everyone playing, and if you win that iPod nano, I think I can take it off of your hands for a few hundo.

posted by Jordan @ 5:55 PM,

6 Comments:

At 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man, I didn't even realize it was on fathers day. There goes that plan...

Is it just me, or would $37,000 in cool electronics be a lot more exciting then the current prize structure?

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Blah, blah, blah...

Just cause you're scared of me doesn't mean you have to invent excuses not to play!

PHEAR THE LUCKBOX!!!!

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

As I just told Sooted...

Sweet, now I'll finish 996th instead of 997th.

Booya!

As my Daddy once said (actually I don't know who said it)...

If you do not play, you cannot win.

Play biatch.

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Pokerwolf said...

Because it's on Father's Day and because I can't go to the WSOP, I'm basically playing the Blogger Freeroll for fun. It's a chance to work on my NL tourney game and maybe switch things up a bit to try stuff I normally don't try to see how they work.

In other words, it's an excuse to play with other bloggers for free. That's enough of an incentive for me.

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger GoHogs21 said...

Although I agree with most of what you said Jordan...I am still playing and am actually looking foward to it, although I'll prob finish 997th right behind TripJax...Scheduling it for Father's Day was a major screw-up on Stars part, 25% of the field will be blinded out after the first hour b/c they are sitting out and either forgot to play or have father-like things to do....

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Jordan said...

And, just to make it clear, I don't think there is anything wrong with playing in it. I just can't make it, and I'm not going to push the issue because of the reasons explained. I readily encourage others to try, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home