Check It: DADI |

 




About Times


So, I moneyed in an MTT last night and went deep into another. The money was at Poker.com, in a $10+1 MTT with 48 other players. When we were down to 6 (the bubble), I was the chipleader. But I ultimately went out in 5th, due in large part to the escalating blinds and two bad beats. My final two hands were AK v. AQ (rivered Q, all in pre-flop), and AJ v. T9 (flopped T, turned T, all-in preflop). I wasn't too upset about the beats. It just verified to me that I still got it. I played very well throughout, and lost ITM with two bad beats. That's poker!

The other tournament was a $5 rebuy PLO8 on Titan. I didn't rebuy at all, but added on. I made it to the top 20 out of 78 or so, but after that, the blinds were so high that the game was a crap shoot. Still, it felt great to have a modicum of success, if not a tidal wave.

I also had the pleasure of playing some .25/.50 NLHE at PokerShare with GCox, who I can only presume is working through a PSO or VPP bonus. I suppose that is another great reason to try a PSO or VPP promotion. Sometimes, you can find a whole new fishpond, when all you are looking for is a free lunch ("I dub thee, Jordan, Master of Mixed Metaphors!"). The players at PokerShare are muy terrible'. G was able to turn $30 into $110 or so. I actually lost a buck or 7, but only because I couldn't stick around long enough to benefit from the action. When I played there last, I deposited $300 or so and withdrew $500. I then redeposited $200 and withdrew $290. So, um, why the hell am I not playing there more? I have no idea, but that will change...as soon as I'm done clearing the Stars bonus...

So, that's where I'm at with the poker. I've had a rebound of success, albeit small, overall. I'm going to keep my mind strong, possibly play at Genoa tonight, and move forward.

In a few days, I'll be on my way to Jamaica. In the meanwhile, my Team Leader (team of 2, mind you, which makes me a Team Follower) just had a baby, so he is out for the week. Let's do the math: Regular Work + Prep others for when I'm Out of the Office + Do the Work of the Team Leader While He's Out + Facilitate the Transition to When He's Back and I'm Out = Hardworking Jordan. Yippee! Meanwhile, I've barely thought about Jamaica. I still have a lot of shopping to do and packing as well, but I guess that is what weekends are for.

SLB159 has gotten himself a blog. SLB was a reader who showed up for a random Mookie (or Hoy?) and stuck around. He's a good guy, and has been commenting on this and a few other sites. I guess everyone kept telling him to get a blog, since that's what the cool kids do, and sure enough, peer pressure wins out. Head over to SLB's blog and leave him a witty sarcastic comment. May I suggest, "Nice blog. Why don't you just do heroine, too? Everyone else is doing it!" I went with the more subtle: "Welcome to the family. You've been assigned the role of great aunt." My sarcasm knows no bounds. Of course, in honesty, I welcome SLB into the poker blogging community. But I do encourage him to read some poker books, because if you get all of your advice from blogs, you are going to be one broke mofo! They'll give a blog to anyone! After all, this blog might as well be Exhibit A.

I think that is all for now. I'm mentally gearing up for DADI. I'm a bit nervous about numbers, as always. It's a silly thing, but it's like throwing a Halloween party and hoping that people show up in costume. Even if it's a small crowd, it'll be fun. But, with all of the apple bobbing, silly string, and pin the tail on the donkey (I ran out of Halloween references) going on, you want to have the place filled to the brim.

Welcome to Prime Time, Fish!

posted by Jordan @ 9:59 AM,

6 Comments:

At 11:26 AM, Blogger CJ said...

The link to slb is broken... it currently has slb150 instead of slb159.

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

CJ beat me to it...

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger slb159 said...

Thx for the pimp, my man. Later.

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Pokerwolf said...

Don't worry about the number of people playing in the tournament. Worry about playing well so you win the damn thing.

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

Thanks for the heads up on the broken link. It should be all fixed now.

Wolf, of course you are right. I'm just a worrier by nature.

This is one of those tournaments that I am taking VERY seriously, due in large part to the amount of money I have riding on the side action. I even told wifey Kim that I need total focus for tomorrow. So, she's going out...leaving me with the evil cat.

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger slb159 said...

Oh, and it was the last DADI that was the 1st blogger tourney I entered (the one I bubbled in and got those VPP points). The rest is history.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home