Check It: DADI |

 




87 Bitches

I made 87 people my bitches over the last week. By now, you should all know about my stellar win against 44 people in a 45-person SNG on Stars, netting about $150 in profit.

Today, wifey Kim was on Long Island visiting family and friends. I was at work for about 2 hours, making up for lost time due to my Dr. appointment on Friday. When I got home, with no wifey around, the poker gods called my name.

The first round was two-tabling a Doyle's Room MTT (191 players, speed, $11 buy-in) and a 45-person SNG on Stars. The DR MTT was insane. I knew it was a speed, but it may've been a Turbo (which is even faster at DR). The blinds seemed to go up before the first orbit. I played tight, rule of 10 poker, and doubled up when needed. In one hand, I had 2x the BB on the button, so half of my money was already in the pot. I ended up all-in preflop with T5 v. AK v. A9, and hit my 5 to triple up. In the end, I went out 13th, which is quite an accomplishment, outlasting more than 90% of the field. Of course, I was in the money, for my 2nd ITM finish in a row in Doyle's Room MTTs.

Meanwhile, I wasn't getting anything going in the SNG, and eventually went out when I raised from the button on a looks-like-a-steal-but-isn't-a-steal play with AJc. The SB pushed all-in, presumably (I thought) because I had pulled the steal several times. I call and face his AK...and lose. 22nd place or so.

What's a man to do? Round 2. I start a 45-person Turbo MTT, which is the same format as the one I won (as opposed to the regular SNG format). I also started a single table SNG on Doyle's. I'll fast forward at this point. I lost the DR SNG in 7th place. I couldn't get anything going, and no one was going out. But, I whooped ass in the 45-person. Usually, nothing much is happening until it is down to under 25 players. Then, I kick it into gear, concentrating and making plays when opportunities arise. Overall though, I'm always looking for excuses to keep out of people's way. When we were down to 13 or so players, I chipped up while taking out a couple of players. At the final table, I started with 2nd in chips, and ended with 2nd in chips. My heads-up play was not stellar, but I am still proud of the overall accomplishment. That's a little bit short of $100 profit. This is also my 2nd win out of 3 attempts at 45-person SNGs. If you want to get very specific, this is my 2nd win in a row at the Turbo 45-p SNGs. Between the two, I made 87 people my bitch.

I think the turbo 45-p SNGs may suit me better because of my style. I'm very conscious of the blind structure, and, as I've always said, I'm dangerous on a short stack. I also had no fear at all today. If I was behind or ahead, if I sucked out or was sucked out upon, I kept an even keel. For that I am glad.

Exciting other news: I was invited to All In Magazine's launch party, hosted in part by Party Poker, held at the ESPN Zone in NYC. I don't know what to expect, but I got invites to wingmen and fellow poker degenerates Dave Roose and Robbie Hole. Free food, free drinks, and maybe a free poker tourney. I have to imagine that the tourney will be for some sort of prize, and have a quickly escalating blind structure. I'd love to make a good showing amongst what I must guess will be some poker elite. The most exciting part was that I got the invite because this here blog. I'm all smiles.

If I miss the SirOldMan's Tiltfest, tonight at 8:30pm n FullTilt, I must apologize. Wifey Kim wants to spend some quality time with me tonight, and I can't deny her the pleasure of my company. But much birthday wishes to SirOldMan. Do me a favor readers, go and play in my stead.

The match v. Poker Champ was tentatively scheduled for tonight, but I haven't heard back from him. I'm going to assume it is off. We've got to do it sometime this week though, or else I'm going to forget what all the hype was about. Looking forward to it Champ. Bring your A-game, and I'll bring my B-game, so we can have a nice even match.

posted by Jordan @ 3:09 PM,

1 Comments:

At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang...color me jealous about the AllIn party...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home