Check It: DADI |

 




Online Reading

Well, I played another 18-person SNG with GCox last night, and once again busted out relatively early. The odd thing is, I don't remember the exact hand. All I know is, I flopped a set of6s (one 6 in my hand), and got top pair to call me. He hit his set on the river and I'm out! I have to figure out what I'm doing wrong in these things. I think it is my risk taking. I don't know how G did, but I wouldn't be surprised if he ended in the money. He had a huge hand early in which his AK hit an AKQ board, and his opponent held AQ. You better believe they were all-in on the flop.

Anywho, after losing, I decided to play some .25/.50 NL on Titan. Well, actually, I was 2-tabling, something I have been avoiding lately. But regardless, while playing on Titan, I made (what I must say are) two amazing calls and some sweet plays. In an early hand, I pulled a strong bluff on my opponent, betting well over the pot on the river after small betting the whole way. After he laid his hand down on the river, he said, "I had you." So, on the next hand, when I flopped a set with my J3, I bet hard the whole way, with him calling the whole way. When I showed my JJJ, he was floored. I remember the 1st one perfect. I held T4o in the BB. The flop was AxTs6s. Pre-flop I had bet from .50 to 1.00, and the only other player in the hand was the button. These numbers are loose, but on the flop, I bet $1. He called. On the turn, a blank, I bet the more than the pot, $4, or so. He called again. On the river, 9x, I didn't know what to do. I checked. He paused and bet the pot. I sat there for a while looking at what he was doing. He had to be bluffing. Otherwise, he would've bet lower to induce a call. I called and he showed 9s7s. He was shocked that I called with a pair of tens and a shitty kicker. I wasn't going to give him any indication either way as to what I was thinking. A little while later, another player made a nearly identical play, but this time, he bet $20+ on his bluff. That was a lot of frijoles, but I felt he was bluffing. Sure enough, he only had 45o, and he hadn't even paired the board. I believe my low pocket pair took that hand.

But then something else happened. After these two calls, I should've left the room, because people now knew I was willing to call big bets. So, I'm dealt 79, and the flop is 778. I bet, he bets (same guy I bluffed), and soon we are all-in. I rivered a 9. His hand...78. I sucked out on his full house. It's nice to be on this side of variance!

So, I gotta go. I'm uber busy at the office. See you all soon.

You want the straight? You want the STRAIGHT? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE STRAIGHT!

posted by Jordan @ 9:13 AM,

3 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Blogger GaryC said...

That night at Titan should have more than made up for the SNG suck-out at Stars. Nice work.

I finished 4th, after experiencing a little suck-out of my own. Still glad to make the money.

A Few Good Men

G

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Just goes to show ya - over half of the money in online poker is made with gutsy bluffs. Most people would just lay down that hand. It does take a good read of a player to know when he's pulling one over your head. Gutsy call but good read.

 
At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Just goes to show ya - over half of the money in online poker is made with gutsy bluffs."

On the contrary, so many people bluff that you could probably make enough money just playing your cards straight in the cash games... but who the hell would want to do that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home