Check It: DADI |

 




Straight Slipping

Last night, I was able to play two rounds of poker. The first round went well. I played some 2/4 while fiance Kim did whatever it is that she does right after we returned home from our favorite Mexican restaurant, Baby Bo's. The session was definitely in the hit-and-run category. When it was all said and done, I was up to $475, nearing my $500 neo-August goal.

The second session, on the other hand...I signed on around 10:30 or so, and found GCox online. He was just starting up Noble, so we decided to play in a room together. He left the choice up to me, so I stuck with 2/4. I don't have much in the way of details. When it was all said and done, I gave away about $30+. It was fast and furious, and mostly due to poor hand selection. I think I was also tryin to show off in front of GCox. In one ill-fated hand, G was on the button and I was the SB with the hammer. We re-raise each other pre-flop until its capped. The flop is AQJ. I think I bet, he raised, and I folded. It was worth a stab, or so I thought. As it turns out, GCox had no intention of folding his pockets Aces! Nice timing, hammer!

After the 2/4 table broke, GCox and I decided to play some .25/.50 NL. I was just giving my money away. After 4 hands, and -$18 or so, I closed the window fiercely. I shot an IM to G: "I'm done for the night. Can't tilt anymore." I was, in fact, on tilt. I could feel it running through my veins, and directing my loose and weak action. What to do when on tilt? Run and hide. Better to live another day, or something like that.

All in all, I think I am down to $430 ish. This isn't catestrophic, and I look forward to playing tonight, when I return from dinner with an ex-coworker to an empty home. Fiance Kim will be in the Long Island suburbs getting her wedding dress fitted, so I'll have the time and ability to concentrate for about an hour or so, if all goes well.

Thursday is a game at Hole's Poker Emporium. Hole's homegame has become my new hot-spot for the live game fix. I tried throwing two homegames recently, but all to no avail. This is much easier. Unfortunately, Hole's games are often slowed down by the namesake and distractions. Also, I have not playing my best poker there, generally. But this shall change and victory will be mine.

No one is in my office yet, and I've been here for 40 minutes. Looks like I'll have to change my schedule in the future.

Pokers Up!

posted by Jordan @ 8:30 AM,

1 Comments:

At 1:27 PM, Blogger GaryC said...

I wouldn't change the schedule at all. It sounds to me like that would be the perfect time to stock up on copy paper, paper clips and some more green writing utensils.

Good playing with you last night. I'll look for you late tonight.]

G

 

Post a Comment

<< Home