Check It: DADI |

 




Adjusting

When I was younger, a popular saying in my household was, “Change is hard.” This is coupled with the general proposition that I and others in my family don’t deal with change well. “Change is hard.” This line has been used in a slew of settings. I lose my first girlfriend and 20 lbs. due to a loss of appetite. “Change is hard, Jordan.” My brother goes to college and is having trouble adjusting. “Change is hard, Keith.” My dog passes away and my mother is heart-broken. “Change is hard, Ma.”

Change IS hard. It’s hard for me at least. Here I am in my new office, dealing with enough changes to shake up anybody’s world. You’ve heard it before. New job, wedding coming up, new apartment. New new new. And all changes from what I am used to.

Work has been very difficult for me. It’s not the day to day stuff. Sometimes I leave here and I think, “I really like what I’m doing.” But Sunday night, preparing mentally for the week ahead, I can’t help but feel a sense of dread. The law that I am working on is new. The environment is different then the old firm. The expectations of me are higher than they used to be. These are all things I can surmount. I know this. But it doesn’t made the struggle any less tough.

Breathe.

Ah.

So, poker stuff. I won $20 today while sitting on my ass. To be more accurate, I received $20 from my $60 deposit bonus from Noble. In total, I’ve received $30 of the $60. I’m almost dreading when I’ve received the entire $60, because, frankly, I like the idea of earning bonuses. I know they will probably have a reload bonus in September, so I need to withdraw some Noble money back to Neteller so that I can reload it back into Noble when the time is right. I should probably also consider signing up at another site through PSO, but I’ve grown very comfortable at Noble. Also, I seem to lose everywhere else. One reason to diversify sites is to spend more time playing with the Heads-Up Challenge bloggers. I cannot express how much more fun poker is when you have your friends with you online. It’s the 2nd best thing about this blog, behind being ranked 7th Most Popular Poker Blog! (Have I run this into the ground yet?) Of course, the 3rd best thing are the women. Love those blogger groupies.

So, that’s it for my mid-day post. Get back to work you miscreants!

posted by Jordan @ 3:17 PM,

2 Comments:

At 9:56 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

'bout time i get recognised as a groupie. i put out on the 2nd orbit...i mean date.

change is in fact hard, but the usual is often forgettable...

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Jordan said...

From today's Dear Abby (of which I am, oddly, a loyal reader):

"DEAR GOING: Yes, as a matter of fact, it did. I was a couple of years older than you when my parents left the Midwest and moved to California. Let me share with you what I learned from the experience. Although changing schools can be scary, it can also be the start of a great adventure. Change is a fact of life. Please don't let it make you sad, because it's usually for the better. Trust me."

That lady is a mensch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home