Check It: DADI |

 




Bottom-Feeders

Yesterday, I received three comments from "loyal readers". They went something like this:

"Hey! I just read your blog and it's great! Come check mine out at makemoney.advert.com."

or

"After reading your blog, I was thinking you could use more opportunities. Check out imanasshole.cashfromhome.net."

Now, look, these people are trying to make money by blanketing blogs and leaving these pathetic attempts to fool bloggers and their readers. You'll note that I don't have any advertising on my site, although I was contacted by two different parties and would also be able to advertise through Google. However, in the end, these things would pay me pennies, if anything, and I don't want to clutter my site or bother my loyal readers.

I don't remember the context, but I was discussing spam with someone and their response is, it must work, or else they wouldn't do it. This logic seems accurate, but it is flawed. Sending out mass emails/spam, or blanketing blogs is probably very cheap. There is no real fear of loss as a result, but this does not mean that there is the potential for gain. In fact, raise your hand if you've ever followed a spam email and purchased a product. Then, take that raised hand and stick it in the nearest electrical socket. Because, you, sir, are retarded.

The bottom line is this: I don't want your crappy product, and if you have to send me a spam or leave an advertising post on my blog to convince me to buy it, you are barking up the wrong tree.

On to lighter topics. Roose, my live poker friend who is more akin to a brother than just a buddy, openned an account on Noble, and we played a little .25/.50 limit yesterday. We were getting whooped by the loose, card-catching table when fiance Kim came home and I signed off. I felt a big guilty for convincing him to sign up there and then getting him in a shitty room, but I'm glad he's playing online. Noble will pay him off in dividends if he finds the right room.

I also grinded out not one, but two of the ten $10 bonuses from Absolute, all the while crawling my way back from my past losses. I received a $100 bonus from Absolute for my first deposit, and it takes 100 absolute points to release $10 of the $100 bonus. I realized that Absolute counts any raked hands at your table for your bonus points. You don't even need to contribute. Therefore, I entered three rooms at once, my usual 6-person .50/1, and two 9-person .50/1. My logic was that I would play uber-tight on the 9-person tables and just fold my way into the bonuses. The blinds come along slower (because of more players at the table, stupid), so this seemed like an ideal strategy to not expose myself and still earn the bonus. When I came up with this theory, I was already down $20 at the 6-person table. Over the course of an hour, I earned all of that money back through tight hand selection and good reads. In addition, I held A7 in the BB when a flop came down AAA. I made a sweet pot off of that one too, when SB bet, I called, and a player after us raised. They capped, and I was sitting back and taking it all in. (I also hit four of a kind, 7s on Noble with Roose later, to win a much smaller pot). After hitting the fours Aces, I checked Absolute's site for any bonus. Unfortunately, none existed (that I could see). Even if I hit a straight-flush, I'd only get a t-shirt. This is why I love Noble, with its high hand of the day bonus, and UB, with its high hand jackpots. It made me think of Pauly and Grubby in Vegas at the Excalibur. Spin that Wheel!

Earlier in the evening, I was grinding out bonuses when Kipper came online. He offered to play me in a Heads-Up match, and I, naturally, accepted. Kip isn't in the HUC, because he thinks that he needs to work on his Heads-Up game. I disagree whole-heartedly. He started off timid, but was aggressive in no time. Very Aggressive. He was also showing me his cards, both folds and wins, which was unsettling. Was he doing it because we are fellow bloggers and he is being friendly? Should I reciprocate? It actually messed with my head, and I was playing off of my heels for a bit. Finally, the deck slapped me in the face. Every hand for about 12 hands I hit high pair, two pair, mid-pair, flush draws. I couldn't miss. Eventually, I won when I held 67o and the flop was 467. Kip had 58o and we were both slowplaying each other when the turn came down with another 7. Eventually, we started raising on each other, and his made straight ran into my miracle full house. Yep, I got lucky. But luck counts. My HU stats for the week are 3 for 4. Against bloggers, my stats are 2 for 3, winning over Kip and TripJax, but losing to GCox...of course.

That's it for now. I'll see you all later today, for another installment of Jordan's stalling at work posts. Poker in the eye.

posted by Jordan @ 9:31 AM,

6 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Blogger GaryC said...

Let those bottom feeding bastardos have it, J. I'm with you, brother.

Also, sign up for PokerSourceOnline using referral code: GCox25 ;)

G

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger WillWonka said...

FYI... My Ultimate bet screen name is willwonka...

 
At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I usually never show my cards. I was doing it cause I saw thought it may help you in the HUC to see what another person has and possibly how they play the hands.

What I believe right now because I am no expert in Heads up play is who get the best cards and when. He/she who gets the better cards wins.

Oh did I say today Hitachi Sucks!

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

Kip, I think you are semi-right about HU play. While he who gets the best cards wins, that is a given in any type of poker. However, that is only NECESSARILY TRUE in the last hand of the game. Like any type of poker, it isn't enough to have the best hand if the other player is going to fold to any bets. Similarly, you can win with the worst hand if you are aggressive enough. You bluffed me a bunch of times, and vice versa. What it really is about is understanding (and controlling) your opponent. I still invite you to join the challenge. GCox did the math and it only costs approximately $63 assuming you don't make it past the 1st round. If you make it to the 2nd, you'll probably be up $. Consider it.

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

I loved the HUC email you sent. Good stuff. I'll be ready for a pre-HUC rematch soon.

My UB account has taken a hit the last few weeks. My vacation money is fading away fast...

 
At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I agree 100% agree with the last few comments. This blog has great opinions and this is why I continue to visit, thanks! ##link#

 

Post a Comment

<< Home