Check It: DADI |

 




DADI Side Action

I booked some DADI side action, and it is not too late to get into the mix. It's gotten a bit messy after someone suggested that we combine the last longer bets. So, here is a recap of what I understand to be the current side action. If any team would like something changed (i.e., a switch from the straight last longer bets to the combined), leave me a comment.

Stable Last Longer Bets- a "stable" in horse (or professional wrestling) terms is essentially a roster of players. In this case, there will be stables of 3. The team with the lowest COMBINED place wins.

Team PokerTrust v. Team Waffle House- TripJax, GCox and I will be facing DuggleBogey, Waffle and Hoyazo in a heads-up Stable Last Longer match for $10 per player. If all members of the winning team outlast all players from the losing team, the best double and the winning team gets $20/pp.

Team PokerTrust v. Team Smokee v. Team JJOK v. the New School- This is a multi-way challenge, started at the suggestion of CL Russo. The full teams are
1. G, Trip and I
2. Smokkee, Wes (presumably, the one from Dumbasses Trump All) and Surflexus
3. JJOK, Drewspop and Miami Don
4. Iakaris, Bone Daddy, and Fuel55.

The current game is set at $5/pp, but I am right now announcing my intention of raising it to $10/pp. I need the consent of ALL team captains (the first-named for each team) for the increase to go into effect. There will be no double up provision. Other teams are invited to join, including Team Waffle House, if they'd prefer to change their wager.

Smack Talk Competition- Here's the deal. I love me some smack talk. So, if you drop a particularly funny like, copy and paste it into a comment on this here site within 8 hours of the event. If I get at least 3 submissions (by three different people), then the one that I find funniest will get their choice of (a) a used poker book, (b) 2 decks of copag cards, (c) refunded entry into the DADI 7, (d) the PC version of Stacked the game with Daniel Negreanu.

Now, two last things.

First, check out Hold'em Authority if you have a chance. It's a new site from Joe from Check-it-Down. He's going a different route, creating an info-based site, as opposed to the usual steam-of-consciousness blog. Good luck to him.

Second, while I was thinking about the last longer bets, I realized something. For anyone not involved, have no fear that the participants will play any differently (ok, maybe a bit tighter) than usual. That isn't the way we bloggers roll. It is more important to any of the individual bloggers to win the whole shebang then to win the side bets. So have no fear. I'll gladly bust Trip and GCox if given the opportunity.

posted by Jordan @ 3:16 PM,

6 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, Blogger DuggleBogey said...

Excellent point, and I wish to second it.

I would SO rather bust Hoyazo or Waffles than win ANY side bet, NO MATTER WHAT the value.

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

ditto...bring it biotches.

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger GaryC said...

You??? Bust me????

Hahahahahah-LOLOLOL indeed! J/K.

No soft play period, I can guarantee that.

G

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger D said...

My Rank x 3 vs you 3. Since I have no friends... Just 1 dollar each...

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

No prob with the ten bucks ($30 from our side). I'll need to get reeking serious carnaged on my Patron Saint Trip, though.

OK I am over it.

Consider it brought.

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Jordan said...

Hell no, D! I'm no chump. I'll tell you what, though. I'll have a straight heads-up last longer against you for $1. Just me and you, mano y woman.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home