Check It: DADI |

 




Calling All Cards

First off, a quick update/change to the DADI 5: WSOP Satellite event.

The person who knocks out Wil Wheaton will get to name a future WWdn event (as opposed to the winner of the entire DADI event, because, frankly, that lucky bastard will be getting enough).

In addition, I have offered a bounty on myself. If you take out the man known as HighOnPokr, you win yourself two decks of plastic, high-quality Copag playing cards. So, come and get um!

I expect more bounties to follow...

Also, I am trying to gather some bloggers for a homegame this Friday at casa del High. If you are in the NYC area and would be interested, please send me an email (highonpokr@yahoo.com). I'll tell you right now that it is not open to anyone, basically because it's my home we are talking about here, and I don't need you degenerates filling up the place. But I put it out there as a general invitation to my friends who read this, and to bloggers in the NYC area who I may or may not know. At least if you have a blog, I can take a perusal and see what I'm dealing with. The plan is probably a tournament ($40-60) and then some NL or Limit poker. Depending on the crowd we can even have mixed games.

posted by Jordan @ 4:19 PM,

4 Comments:

At 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bounty Update:

Knock out Daddy and get yourself a tasty Stuckey's Pecan Log Roll.

 
At 9:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Daddy, you serious? I'm assuming you are, and I want me some Pecan Roll!

 
At 8:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

On the note on Rio's I would still raise small preflop. Just to 2.5x bb from early or just a min raise late. You still have to get rid of the really junky hands but the small starting stacks give these little raises more power than usual.

I totally understand the issue of getting guys sticking around with junk. Last night I called a min raise with 89o (this guy min raised almost every hand) and pushed on a 876 board and got called by AJs!

Anyway I am hoping to visit New York today on business which would include a good dinner. Fun fun!

 
At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too bad you won't be in NYC on Friday, Guin.

I see what you mean about pushing players off of the junk hands. That is my usual style with AQ. But on the flip side, if I limp in and hit that Ace, there is a good chance that another player decided to limp in from the blinds or not with A8 or some other dominated hand. They are lulled into a false sense of security. It's really all about deception, along with some caution thrown in for good measure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home