Check It: DADI |

 




Monday Monday

"Alpacas are without a doubt one of the most beautiful animals that roam our planet earth."
-AlpacaFarm.com

Um, I think someone is a bit biased.

I was searching for a picture of "Genoa" on Yahoo because of my upcoming trip to the Genoa card room and found this lovely creature, named, interestingly enough, Genoa. So, in honor of this beast, I will now be calling all "donkeys", alpacas. Let's see how long that lasts.

Last night, I was able to play in the PSO League game and the SirOldFart's Tiltfest tournament. Coming off of my 2nd place finish in a 45-person SNG and my MTT place yesterday, I had high hopes. Unfortunately, it just wasn't meant to be.

Like the last time I played in a PSO League event, I left the window in the background, while I concentrated on another tourney, namely SirOldFart's. Unfortunately, sitting to my left for the entire tournament was SoxLover's wife. I don't know why, but damnit that woman intimidates me. I guess it's because you must be tough as nails (and a little demented) to marry SoxLover. (All in fun, now, Sox.) Regardless, I played good, aggressive poker, staying within the top 5 or so chipleaders for a long period of time. I then self-destructed on two hands. The first was against Katitude. I held two high-cards, or maybe a low pair, but whatever the case was, she kept pricing me into the hand. So, I kept calling until I went from 3500 or so to 950. I managed to make the final table only to lose to, you guessed it, Mrs. SoxLover. I was a bit, erm, loud at the table in general, whooping it up and all, so, as I often do, I would like to apologize to anyone I may have offended. I don't mean to be a prick. I just find it to be entertaining. There is little I enjoy more than typing, "BOW TO ME!" after players fold to my raises.

Meanwhile, I chipped up at Absolute for the PSO League game by playing more aggressively than I'm prone to playing in these games. Eventually, however, I took a chance on a flush draw which did not connect. That droppped my top 20 stack into the bottom 20, and I had no choice but to push all-in preflop with TT on the button under the Rule of 10. My opponent called with QJ and flopped a jack. Out in 100th place out of 142 or so. At least its a round number. Until that stupid call on the flush draw, I was playing well. After that though, pure alpaca.

Boo hoo hoo. This makes me want to discontinue the PSO events, but I'm not going to. I may not be in the running right now for a top spot or that WSOP seat, but winning one of the events or placing in the top 3 provides cash winnings and PSO points, which I'd immediately put toward Party Poker gift certificates. It's just another way to build the bankroll.

On that note, I've reached the elusive $800 mark. This is the second time I've reached that mark, after my $650 win placing 4th out of 1008 or so at PokerStars a while back. After that win, I withdrew a chunk of the roll, so I never played with a $800+ bankroll before. Should be...interesting. I'm still sticking, predominantly with 1/2 Limit and $10+1 SNGs. When I hit $1K, we'll see about an adjustment. The $800+ bankroll does not include $100 that I just withdrew for wifey Kim's uses. After all, what is the point of poker if you can't enjoy some of your winnings.

So, if all goes as planned, I'm off to Genoa card club tonight for the $50+10 tournament. Last time I was there, I embarassed myself by forcing the action. Tonight, it's all business and I'm putting my game face on. Have a good one and wish me luck!

posted by Jordan @ 8:54 AM,

7 Comments:

At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to play with you. Good luck in your live game.

 
At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I prefer "PHE@R ME BEEATCHES!"

 
At 7:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck in the B&M game Jordan!

 
At 9:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Ingoal. I'm going to hold onto that luck for tomorrow. As it turns out, wifey Kim's plans were pushed back from today to tomorrow, and I like to coincide my poker binges with her plans.

 
At 6:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok... why is my dad posting comments on here

 
At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

DAD??? I thought he was your soda!

 
At 8:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mofo!

I'm sicking my wife on you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home