Check It: DADI |

 




A Short Stack of Memory

Hi all. I am Jordan, and I am a forget-aholic. More accurately, I have piss-poor recall with names, events, hell everything!

So, I plea to all you new bloggers or those who are considering starting a blog or those who have a blog but are considering opening a Yahoo IM account or a new online poker account:

PLEASE, keep it simple and uniform. There is a reason why I refer to myself as Jordan from HighOnPoker when I leave comments on other people's blogs. There is a reason that my Yahoo IM is highonpokr and most of my screen names online are highonpoker or highonpokr.

Simply put, I can never remember who is who. DP is fluxer. I got that after a few weeks. Kaellin is MattOnPoker. Cool. That's in my mental checklist now too. But no more, damnit! I can't seem to connect names to blogs anymore. And Yahoo IM sometimes uses people's real names on the buddylist, but screenname in chat windows and I don't know what's going on.

Now, I'm not singling out Flux or Matt. I just use them as examples. But right off the bat, I usually have problems getting associations like that in my head. I mean no offense if I ever have to ask who someone is or what blog they are affiliated with.

So, help a brother out. Keep it simple.

posted by Jordan @ 2:47 PM,

12 Comments:

At 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the first few months when I heard TripJax or Gary talk about "Jordan" I had no idea they were talking about HighOnPoker. I only knew HighOnPoker from the Orangeman.

Seriously. Those without sin should throw the first stone.

I have the added problem of not only being DuggleBogey from Go Be Rude, but also OklahomaDug on Party Poker because DuggleBogey was already taken on Party by me at Intertops Poker.

Blah!

 
At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fat Dan from Fat Dan the Fat Fish My Yahoo IM name is BigFatDanS feel free to add me to your list.

 
At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kipper is kipperfly!!! damnit!!

 
At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, man, I'm doing this for YOU! I'm trying to help your sucky ass memory here. Think of it as a mental building exercise. Every month or so, we'll have to add a new blogger whose IM, blog, and PokerStars names don't match up. Soon you'll have a super memory. Don't forget the little people when you become rich with it... playing memory games... or something.

 
At 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm Gracie from sheverb.com. And I am always peacecorn on AIM, Yahoo or a poker site. Except when I am lemonjello or huckleberry or pickles.

 
At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not even on YahooIM, I'm on AIM....I should set my YahooIM up tonight. Whom do I look for to hook me up with everyone's ID?

 
At 4:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was originally going to post everywhere as HighOnPoker, but I don't like the sound of that as a name. I also considered the Highness of Poker, but, well, yeah, the reason why that sucks is pretty obvious.

 
At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Duggle...I'll offer what I can...look me up at Yahoo IM as jaxon59.

In hindsight, I probably would have been better off just going with TripJax instead of Poker In Arrears, but I just love the name Poker In Arrears...

 
At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fortunately I planned ahead. OK, there was no planning involved, but there you go.

 
At 4:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm HRKing275 on Yahoo IM. But Drizztdj everywhere else.

 
At 11:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's see. My blog is YoSoyVeneneo. My Yahoo IM is YoSoyVeneno. My screen Name is YoSoyVeneno, everywhere but Titan where it is YoSoyVenenoII. But Jordan, you can still call me V for Veneno.

 
At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's cool that you singled me out. I'm that memorable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home