Check It: DADI |

 




HUC2?

I'm hemmoraging my bankroll and have dipped below the $300 mark. More on that when I feel like it!

Lately, I've been playing with some bloggers who are new to me, SirFWALgman and Veneno. While speaking to them online yesteday, Veneno mentioned that she was interested in entering the 2nd Heads-Up Challenge. I hadn't thought about following up the first one yet (hell, I haven't even paid GCox for his 2nd place finish yet...sorry, G). But, since it was requested and I think some HU action might get me out of my present funk:

I hereby announce that we are taking entries into the 2nd Heads-Up Challenge! The format will be slightly changed from last time. We can do it in one of two ways.

If we can amass a group of 16 combatants, we can have them face off by random selection into 8 best of 3 matches. The 8 winners will advance and repeat the process, until we are down to 4. The four players can play against each other in best of 3 matches (i.e., 1 v. 2, 1 v. 3, 1 v. 4, 2 v. 3, etc.). Finally, the finalists will face off heads-up in a best of 7 match.

If we have less players, we can retain our old format, in which all first round players face-off against each other player. See the sidebar Notable Post link regarding the original HUC.

All contestants will have to transfer $25 to the winner at the end of the Challenge. If we have 16 participants, out of the $400 prize pool, the winner will receive $200, 2nd will receive $100, and 3rd and 4th will receive $50.

All games to take place on Ultimate Bet.

So, who is interested? Priority goes to past Challengers, but we want to double the number.

Come with me if you want to play poker.

posted by Jordan @ 8:18 AM,

17 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Blogger Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

Awesome! Count me in.

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger D said...

Count me out...I suck at heads up even though I made it to the playoff with a chance at advancing to the second round last time.

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Jordan said...

Of course, I am in as well. I suppose that goes without saying, but I'm putting up here anyway to keep a running tally.

All participants, feel free to pimp the HUC in your own blogs. We need competitors. Of course, bloggers preferred.

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger GaryC said...

You know you can count me in. I will mention it to Drizz also.

G

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

I'm in...must defend. BadBlood mentioned he would be interested as well as mtdewvirus over at 2holecards.com. If I can think of anyone else I'll let you know...

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger WillWonka said...

As usual, I'm undecided as HU is not one of my specialties. I would put myself as 60-40 to play in HU2.

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You are playing PLO8 right?

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

As if it needs to be said, the game will be NL Hold'em.

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger TraumaPoker said...

I would like to join this little challenge if it wouldn't be too much trouble.

 
At 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As tripjax mentioned, I'd like to play (donate).

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

I briefly mentioned it in my last post with links to here, but I'll do a full post about HUC2 on my next entry.

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger STeelerJosh said...

You know I am in..... glutton for punishment.

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Let me rephrase.... we're playing O8 right? :D

NLHE makes my head hurt and turns my beer flat.


But... I'll play, just be aware that I'm only on later at night and that's the best time to catch me off my game.

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger cmitch said...

I found your blog through TripJax's Blog. I would be interested in playing depending on the schedule - mine is a little hectic lately. I'll check back for updates.

Thanks

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger jremotigue said...

I'm in.

Especially if you guarantee me a first round bye.

Or a match against Drizz.

Essentially the same thing!

Do the combatants schedule the matches themselves?

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger John G. Hartness said...

I'm interested, depending on schedule.

 
At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will play as long as it's at night sometime, and there are still spots left. Just tell me what I need to do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home