Check It: DADI |

 




Tahitian Blogging...Again

Haha! You mock me!

Tahiti is almost as beautiful as wifey Kim, and a whole lot of fun too (wifey Kim wins on that count too). This has been the best vacation and week of my life and there is still more to come. Some commentors asked how I could get away with blogging on my honeymoon. Well, first off, my pimp hand is strong. Second, wifey Kim and I had some down time between checking out of our hotel and waiting for our ride to the airport. As for today, I'm pretty burnt, and she loves the sun, so I'm taking 15 minutes to write to you wonderful people.

Obviously, there is no poker here. I played some 5-card draw last night with wifey Kim, and she thoroughly whooped me. I finally won the 8th or 9th hand and called it a game.

I haven't had the poker itch, really, but from time to time, I get that thought in my head: "Jordan, you really do want to be a professional poker player, don't you?" Amarillo Slim's fine book, "Amarillo Slim: In a Land Full of Fat People" isn't helping either. I've decided that I like autobiographical poker books the best. I'm tearing through this one and loving every minute of it, similar to Moneymaker's book. I'm just about done with Slim's book, and as per usual, I have a whole new respect for the author. The two other books with me on this trip are "The Godfather Returns" (sure to be a disappointment) and "The Stuey Ungar Story" or whatever it is called. Good stuff!

Tahiti is a paradise, but this ain't a vacation blog. So to keep it short, the weather is beautiful, the company (wifey Kim) can't be beat, and the activities (both outdoors and in our private bungalo) are more than a guy can ask for. It's expensive, but nothing moreso than going to the nice places in NYC.

I guess that is it for now. I want to make one more poker comment. Since playing at the Genoa Club in NYC, I think I have realized my own fear. I can't wait to return. This is why I've avoided going to NYC pokerrooms for so long. Knowing it is there is a great temptation. I will limit myself to once per week, and none at all if I play a home game (been a while since that has happened).

I'm off to get more sun poisoning, tropical drinks, and delicious food. Enjoy your cubicle, monkeys!

Are you feeling lucky, punk? Well, are you?

posted by Jordan @ 6:00 PM,

8 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, Blogger TripJax said...

cubicle monkeys...you called us out!

yes, we are all jealous, you bastard!

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger GaryC said...

I'm not feeling particularly lucky and I am sitting in my little monkey cage here on Monday morning.

Sure hope it rains there today.

G

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Joaquin "The Rooster" Ochoa said...

Sad news...they closed down all the card clubs in NYC. Yeah, they had a major bust...there is no more palces to play

 
At 3:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you kidding me? Ace Point Club has been shut down as well? This is DP btw, I don't have my user/pass on hand.

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

I bet Genoa isn't closed down. It's small potatoes, so they probably are under the radar.

 
At 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poker boy,
Congrats on your wedding!
-Papke

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger Jordan said...

News update: Genoa is up and running. I got an email from them today.

 
At 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey it looks like u guys all know each other but im looking all over the place for poker clubs... any kind of information so i can find one and go to one. would u b kind enough to tell me about apc and genoa. my email is krazyhandle42@yahoo.com

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee thx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home