Check It: DADI |

 




Tahitian Blogging

On one hand, this ain't right. I should not be blogging on my honeymoon. On the other, we have an hour to kill before we get picked up at our hotel in the main city of Papeete and brought to the airport for a whopping 10 minute flight to Moorea, a resort island.

So far, this place has been awesome. The 12+ hour flight went relatively quick, thanks to the onboard movies with TVs at each seat. I started off with "The Longest Yard" with Adam Sandler. It didn't completely suck. However, Mr. Sandler has not made a legitimately funny movie since "The Water Boy," and even that one was a stretch. And no, I did not like "Big Daddy," mostly because of the ridiculous court scene ending. Even as an undergrad student with no legal experience, the absurdity of that scene hit me. Moving on...

In an amazing cosmic kharmic situation, "Batman Begins" was also playing on the plane. This was a fantastic surprise, since I've wanted to see the movie for a long time, and my last attempt was in AC with Dave Roose, where poker subverted our movie-going plans. See! Poker is +EV! If I had seen it in AC, I would've had an extra 2 hrs to kill on the plane. Thank you addiction! The movie was adequate. I'll give it 8 out of 10 dollars. Unfortunately, however, they under-utilized Arkham Asylum and the Scarecrow, while painting themselves into a corner. There are no good Batman villains left, so they'll probably rehash the Joker. Unfortunately, nothing will top Jack Nicholson's version. That man can act his ass off.

But why am I talking about movies? I'm in Tahiti. When we arrived at the hotel, it was 12am here, and 6am in New York. WIFEY Kim and I hit the pool and "hot tub" which was cold. We went to bed around 2am, and woke up at 7. Breakfast was a large buffet which cost about $30 per person. Thank god I am a NYer and am used to high prices.

So, I have to go. But have fun at you respective jobs...SUCKERS! Oh yeah...no poker here, but I am reading Amarillo Slim's book. BOOYA!

posted by Jordan @ 5:11 PM,

7 Comments:

At 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please tell us the story, explanation, or excuse you used to tell *cough* fiance err I mean wife that you wanted to fire up the PC and post on the blog.

*runs and pops the popcorn...this outta be goo*

If I mention PC when I am on vacation I can be pretty much assured a stern evil look followed by a cold shoulder for a good couple hours.

Congratulations again if I failed to mention in an ealier post.

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger STeelerJosh said...

Congrats Jordan!

I have to say that I was very, very surprised to see a post show up by you in my bloglines!

I recall trying to bring my laptop to Aruba for my honeymoon under the guise that we might need it to download digital pics onto if we ran out of space on the memory card. Yeah right... SteelerSteph's solution was to purchase a bigger memory card for the camera. Nice try Josh.

Have fun this week, I am sure you will. I wish you and Kim all the best.

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger GaryC said...

Good to see a post from somebody on vacation in Tahiti-asshole.

Seriously, congratulations to you and the little lady. Have a great vacation/honeymoon.

G

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger total said...

Congrats Jordan!

I myself will be walking down the Isle in a few months. I'm looking forward to it because it's going to be nice and small. Unfortunatly no Tahiti honeymoon for me, maybe we'll go to Target instead of Walmart when we're done. That would be a nice change of pace.

Anyway have fun in the sun, have a drink or 12, and we'll see you when you get back. Have fun.

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger TripJax said...

Hell I'm at home and barely have time to post. You are a trooper.

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Hope you enjoyed the honeymoon. You gotta stop the blogging though and get to..... you know. Enjoy it while you can, lol. (Coming from a guy who's been married over 23 years).

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Hey congrats n enjoy the rest of your honeymoon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home