HU Swarm and WSOP News
Monday, June 16, 2008
God damn it! I had this nice long post all ready for public consumption and through the miracles of random chance, Blogger ate it all up. After something like that, it is near impossible to recreate such a thing of beauty, so here is the Cliff's Notes version.
- Played a little bit of online poker this weekend. Busted in a couple of SNGs and the like, but won a few tokens and cashed in 3rd place in a Tier III SNG. I cannot recommend the nightly 9:45pm (EST) $15 Token Frenzy, awarding $75 Tokens, enough. For just $15, I won a $75 token which I used to play in the Tier III SNG, netting $120+. I love tokens.
- Checked out the Sunday HU game set up by Loretta8 only to find that with 20 minutes before kick-off, the amount of people registered was a big fat goose egg. Decided to play the PokerStars 9:15pm (EST) $22 HU MTT. I busted in the first round. Even so, this might be a great alternative to the Sunday HU blogger game, which appears to be dead. If anyone else feels like playing the Stars event next Sunday, let me know via email, IM, or comments. It might be fun to swarm the thing with a bunch of bloggers. In fact, it might be fun to have some sort of competition to see who can win the damn thing first. If you are interested in joining and need to swap FT dough for Stars dough, hit me up. Sadly, I barely have 10 buy-ins to that tournament on Stars, so I ask that any transfers be made for the buy-in amount only...at least for now.
- F-Train cashed in the Razz event at the WSOP, taking 33rd out of ~450. That's freaking awesome! When I first read it at PokerNews, I got a shit eating grin on my face. Wifey Kim asked what was up and I told her. It meant nothing to her, but it means a ton to me. A win for one is a win for all!
- The WSOP is crazy this year. There are a ton of star-studded final tables, including an upcoming final table with several people in my multiple prop bets, including Hellmuth, Negreanu, and Johnny Chan...all at one final table. John Juanda is in there too. Just amazing.
- I don't have the patience to do all the leg work and math needed for an update on my WSOP Prop bets, but the long and short of it is that I am whooping Fuel in most cash, getting my ass handed to my by Ingoal in most cash, and am behind by one in the final tables bet with UWannaBet.
Until next time, make mine poker!
posted by Jordan @ 8:08 AM,
- At 4:52 AM, Renee said...
oy - too bad about the blog being eaten, but good cliff's notes. WSOP sounds amazing with all the players and stars, maybe next yr I will see it. Thanks for the good reportgin!
- At 8:46 AM, Ingoal said...
Things are starting to look up a little on the WSOP cash front for you...Bill Chen still live and kicking in Event #31...seems the big fat 0 on the scoreboard is finally going to change...only 500k-Bill's money to go until you're even :p ;)