Check It: DADI |

 




Flame by Name

Look, I'm not saying you should start flame wars, but if you are going to write a post bashing a fellow blogger, at least mention the blogger by name. I'll even give you a pass on a link, but for Christ's sake, give a name. How else am I supposed to protect myself from that evil blogger's doings, or properly shun that blogger for their horrible ways, or check out their blog for their inevitable flame back, if for no other reason than to enjoy the heat of the fire.

And lest you think I am talking about you, I AM, because inherently, if you do think I am talking about you, you must have flamed without identifying your target. However, DO NOT think that I am flaming you. No, sir, because if I actually had a problem with you, I would name you (but probably not link you, because I am bitter like that).

The bottom line is, there is a whole lotta flaming going on, and I don't care to give my opinion as to who is right and who is wrong because it gives me the agita. Suffice it to say that there is a very big reason why HoP is largely an island unto itself. The large unwashed masses are filled with people who would lie, cheat, and rape your grandmother to get ahead in life, all the while proclaiming their virgin innocence. That, and I'm a misanthrope.

Also, when I have let out a flame here, I find myself checking for responses a little too regularly and feeling the heartburn the entire time. What can I say? I'm a tad sensitive for a misanthrope. So I will not opine on things I know little about (thanks to your vague posts), and I will not give half-assed veiled thoughts on the various dramedy that has beset bloggerdom.

But I will request once again that if you choose to flame, flame by name. You do not look like you are taking the high road when you don't name the person. Instead, you just look like a cock tease, and my gossip blue balls are killing me.

Until next time, make mine poker!

posted by Jordan @ 12:01 PM,

9 Comments:

At 1:30 PM, Blogger Weak Player said...

I sure hope you are not talking about me. I will name names if the time is ever right. I promise.

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

Haha! Exactly my point. There are about 8 different flame wars going on, so I was not talking specifically about you. And besides, with my Batman-like detective skills, I figured out your target. It's just a general plea, since I like the context behind the drama. Don't take it personally.

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger KajaPoker said...

bloggers start flame wars for the same reason old people watch daytime soaps.

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger jremotigue said...

Dude, I'm sorry.

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Tom said...

Every time I see a flame war anywhere it makes me think of that 'Arguing on the internet' picture. You know the one I mean.

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Julius_Goat said...

OK, I admit it. Stupid/System is about you.

Happy now?

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Schaubs said...

Very well written as usual dude.

I agree with all this flamer ass fucking that is going on and who totally AN-HOY-ING it is.

There is just too much out there right now to get into any of the specifics.

The link part I don't get. Just link it up, who cares if it ups their hit count, at least I don't have to spend MORE time trying to figure it out.

If you know it, show it!!

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger RaisingCayne said...

Gossip blue balls, huh? Hope the affliction isn't too insufferable. I too get an odd enjoyment out of the specific context behind certain drama, so I guess I can relate. But I'm more curious to know the answer to each "who" question just to assure it's not me! (Right now I'm perusing old transfer histories, to make sure I didn't forget about some old debt to weak player! ;-)

 
At 5:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weak_player responded quickly to this post... he seems to routinely shroud his current blog content in vagueness, which isn't surprising to me because he mounted a personal attack BEHIND my back for no reason, so he is consistently deceptive.

Picking and choosing who to link is trashy, and who wants to be trashy? It certainly isn't hard to include a link, or at the very least mention the name of the person one is talking about.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home