Check It: DADI |

 




Delicious Chips

Hey all. Not much going on in Casa del High. I had a nice evening last night meeting up with good pals Platinum and Johnny Ads. These two aren't pokerphiliacs like us, and I've noticed that the routine of life and the use of poker as the ultimate passtime has limited my social interaction with the outside world. No, I'm not quite a hermit, but when I have a free night, I'll be at the local cardroom or playing online at a Battle of the Blogger Tournament game. (Side note: It is rather impressive how the BBT re-energized my and many players' interests in the weekly blogger tournaments. Kudos to its organizers.)

Wifey Kim was planning on having dinner with a college friend yesterday, and I found myself in the same spot I face on a weekly basis. I could go play poker live at the NiceLook (1/2 NL cash) or Salami ($60 tournament) clubs, go home and play the Mookie (which would actually start after wifey Kim got home) or find something else. Normally, I'm one to grab the opportunity for poker, but I didn't feel like it yesteday. My online account has dwindled since my Big Game loss, and I didn't have my poker gear at the office, so a trip to the cardroom would involve a couple of subway trips (I didn't even have enough money in my ATM to bring my usual 2 buy-ins).

With that in mind, I did something different. I called Platinum and Ads and we met for drinks, dinner and more drinks. And I couldn't have had a better night. Poker can be all consuming, and its refreshing to take a mental break every once in a while. Meanwhile, I spent the evening not thinking about the poker club a scant 5 blocks away or the many poker stories saved in my head, which would undoubtedly only bore my dinner companions. Or at least I spent the evening trying not to think of these things.

When I got home, a bit drunk, wifey Kim was there to greet me. Poker seemed to call my name, but I ignored that beyotch and settled on the couch next to my lovely wife.

Tonight, I make my return to NiceLook. Sure, a day off is nice, but I'm itching to get back in there, especially since I won in probably 90% of my live game sessions this year. In the last three trips, I've taken down scores of about $800, $120 and $340, not bad for a 1/2 NL player. I prepped for work this morning slowly and painstakingly, as I was nursing a killer hangover and doing my best to avoid wifey Kim in a polite way. She was chipper from sleeping late (for her) whereas I was grumpy from waking up early (for me). Once I was in my monkey suit (I have a client meeting this morning and a deposition later today), I grabbed my backpack and filled it up with my poker gear. This time, I'm going to NiceLook straight from work, and while I considered playing in my suit, I like to be comfortable at the table. Instead, I'll be wearing my Flash t-shirt, jeans, and sneakers, a big step up from the ole suit. I couldn't find my new elephant card cap so I grabbed the red and gold buddha. Part of me feels this is a bad omen, but an even larger part of me doesn't care. After all, if buddha is the reason why I lose, then I've got some serious problems.

I received an interesting email from the Extra Big Bet club, a club I've only visited seriously on one occassion. I guess NiceLook must be taking all of their players, because each email I get from EBB seems more and more desperate. The recent one included a pathetic call for more players, along with something that seemed kinda interesting. EBB will be holding a team tournament, where 10 teams of 3 players each will compete for an as yet unnamed buy-in. Each player will sit in a 10-person SNG, and the winners of the SNGs will be awarded points. The team with the highest points wins.

Team poker is an interesting concept, and I guess this just goes to show that competition, in this case between illegal underground card clubs, really does spur a wider variety of products and services. I still need to know the buy-in, but if its agreeable, I'll be playing with Matty Ebs and another player we have yet to choose. Mikey Aps might be our man. He can be a real asshole at the table, but that could work to our advantage, especially since he won't be at our table. But if anyone else is interested, feel free to drop a comment. No promises, but I wouldn't mind certain people on my team (SoxLover for instance).

Oh, and the title to this post is my new self-proclaimed poker nickname. After seeing a funny post by Dawn about the worst poker nickname (apparently, some dude is known as The Donator) and seeing Dawn's nickname, Crackmaster, I've decided I need my own. Jordan "Delicious Chips." Smoothhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............

Until next time, make mine poker!

posted by Jordan @ 9:49 AM,

9 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

I'm confused. The mookie is tonight, not last night. So you're missing the mookie tonight?

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

Maybe I'm confused. I barely know what day it is. Yes, though, I'm likely missing the Mook, since I plan to play live tonight.

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

Gotcha. Good luck at the tables

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger bayne_s said...

I think the donator is Stuart Patterson who is actually quite successful.

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Gydyon said...

I can barely remember the last time live I booked a win :(

Enjoy!

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

How did the live gaming go, Delicious Chips?

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Karol said...

Hey Delicious Chips, if Nicelook is what I think it is, I believe it is associated with EBB.

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger slb159 said...

Add and extra "s" to Delicious and Chips for Superman. Or two "s"'s honoring the downfall of the nazi regime.

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

Hey folks.

Karol, I think you are right. They are affiliated. That said, EBB still seems pretty desperate, of late.

Trip, the post is up. Enjoy.

slb, I appreciate the suggestion, but the SS would be honoring Nazis. Plus, I like the traditionally spelled out version. It just seems so literal.

Signed,
Delicious Chips

 

Post a Comment

<< Home