Check It: DADI |

 




High On.../Low On...

For the New Year, I've created a new segment here at the High On Poker studios. I hope you all enjoy:

High On...1st Rule of Poker
The blogosphere is constantly in flux, and I've noticed that I've gotten a renewed group of "link me" requests lately. For the most part, I give the same response, especially if the site is clearly just seeking affiliate and ad revenue: "Thank you for your interest, but I try to only link sites I read or enjoy, and as yet, I am unfamiliar with your site. I'll keep an eye out and maybe we can link exchange later."

Usually, they never re-contact me and often, they don't add any more content to their sites. But one in particular caught my attention, 1st Rule of Poker. He has a unique style, with posts extolling individual Rules of Poker (all chosen by 1st Rule, of course), and a decent amount of live play recaps. So, 1st Rule is 1st on my High On list. Check him out if you get a chance. It's certainly a good read, if nothing else.

Low On...the New Blogger.com
HoP has been housed at Blogger.com from the get-go, and I've had nothing but positive things to say, for the most part. Then came the New! Blogger Beta, which apparently is out of Beta mode. I guess Blogger was bought by Google, because the New! Blogger uses your Google name and password instead of the old Blogger.com name and password. But, um, Blogger, you got a few glitches you need to work out.

Like, why can't I associate this current blog with a Google name and password. I can start a new profile through Google and then invite that profile to be a contributor for HoP, but I can't seem to find a way to simply make my current Old! Blogger account into a New! Blogger account with a Google name and password. The net effect, I have to log on to Blogger sites that have changed over to New! Blogger format with my Google account to comment, and then when I try to post on my Old! Blogger site, HoP, I have to sign out and re-sign in under my Blogger account name. Tres Stupid!

*This is not a paid advertisement.*

posted by Jordan @ 9:11 AM,

4 Comments:

At 9:55 AM, Blogger Pokerwolf said...

Your blogger account doesn't work? That's how I log into everything myself.

Weird.

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Jordan said...

The blogger account works, but on some of the blogs that have changed over to the New Blogger format, it keeps telling me that I can't comment as Anonymous, even though I'm signed on under my old blogger account. Whatever!

 
At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jordan, you should be able to convert your blog to the new Blogger... I would think that would merge your Google and Blogger accounts.

Luckily with my new blog, I started out with Blogger Beta... and I still have my old blog in hiding with the old Blogger.

I always comment with my Google account (and that has a profile for my current blog) ... see if you can convert your blog.

 
At 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto re: 1st Rule's blog . . . good stuff, that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home