Check It: DADI |

 




I'm In the Money


+


=



A big thanks to Surflexus. He's one of those guys who always seems to win those damn -EV blogger tourneys, so when I heard he was going to play in some WSOP Circuit events in Tunica, I heard opportunity knocking. I've never backed anyone before, but I figured it was worth putting a couple of bucks into Surf. In total, I had 5% of his action. He played a $300 event, but busted out fairly deep. Last night, though, ole Surfy came through. He moneyed in 48th place! Sounds like I'll be getting some of my money back! Thanks also to BTheCloser69 for his great sports betting advice and for giving updates of Surf's action.

Oh, and in case you are wondering, I didn't necessarily need that money. After all, I placed 7th last night in a 180 person SNG on Stars netting over $100 in profit. It's not first place ($1080!), but I feel good about my game!

Until next time, make mine poker!

posted by Jordan @ 4:30 PM,

6 Comments:

At 8:12 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

Nice turn of events J. I fell into money as well (not that you fell into it). I checked my PSO account, which I had not done in months, and had over 20,000 points! I didn't even know I had 1 point, much less 20k. Hello gift cards.

TripJax

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger Karol said...

He's from Kennesaw?! I would've taken that action!

 
At 6:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never backed poker players before. Is it something that goes on a lot? I suppose you'd need to really know someone before staking them..

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Pokerwolf said...

Congrats, Jordan! Well played!

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

Barney, this was my first time backing someone, and I will be backed for the first time in my WSOP Circuit attempt in December. It seems to me that backing someone is akin to horse racing (although not BG level horseracing). You choose your horse because you think he has an edge given the odds, and you cross your fingers. You can't do much aside from choosing people you trust that have potential to win. Then, its out of your hands. Surf could've lost and I wouldn't have minded. He has skills, though, and I had faith that he would probably cash. That said, I didn't mind losing the $$ I backed him with.

 
At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Backing goes on a lot, but it's usually done at much bigger events like a $5k or a $10k.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home