Check It: DADI |

 




Bash Rehashed

Probably the most surprising part of my trip to the Bash at the Boathouse occurred before we even hit the road. SoxLover was kind enough to offer me a ride to the Bash, and I was glad to take the offer. SoxWife met me at the door and let me into their apartment. As I made my way to the couch, I heard Sox's voice, "Hey honey, are we going to take the..." I turned my head toward the direction of the voice, and was surprised to see Sox, buck fucking naked. I looked away, but frankly I didn't even have to. The momentary glimpse of full frontal had burned my retina. We'd be halfway to Philly before I could see clearly again.

When we arrived, my roommates TripJax and Poker Wolf were already at the Boathouse. They had come in the night before and had played in a tournament with the rest of the crew along with poker extraordinaire, WPT champion, and host of CardPlayer's The Circuit Podcast , Gavin Smith. I dropped my stuff in the room and met Sox and SoxWife outside (both fully dressed) and we made our way to the Boathouse.

Upon arrival, a charming female hugged Sox hello. She then walked right by me. I caught up with her outside. I could tell by the voice that she could only be Veneno.

After meeting V, I made my way around the bar. I saw Trip right away, and we sat down for a drink (him an Arrogant Bastard Ale, me a Vodka and RedBull...it was going to be a long day/night). Hell, it was barely noon and I was consuming hard alcohol. Not too much later, I found myself doing a shot of SoCo with AlCantHang, himself. What a host!

After drinks, I walked around and met the rest of the crew. It was a large group, but it all was very natural. I bumped into BG and we introduced ourselves. A while back, he and I had an argument (for lack of a better word) regarding some posts. It was refreshing that it was not an issue. In fact, I had a great time playing Chinese Poker with him. I have nothing but respect.

About 20 minutes after arrival, we started up the first Chinese Poker game. The first group was me, BG, Trip and Veneno. I was on fire, and took about $27 from the table ($1 per point). Meanwhile, Sox and Sox Wife had a .25/point game going with Katitude and Drizz (I think). Behind us, F-Train, Gracie, Maudie and probably a few other people were playing poker for a round of drinks. On the outside deck, Speaker, CJ, Gavin Smith, Brandon Schaefer and others were playing in the $1000 buy-in charity tournament.

Meanwhile, the drinks continued to flow. After a long while of Chinese, it was time to get down to the real poker. Sox, SoxWife, slb, Trip, Wolf, Veneno, Kat, Steve, Drizz, and perhaps one or two other people joined us for some .25/.50 NL. Overall, it went rather well. I actually lost $36 or so, but I was having fun the entire time. I had two side bets going, which helped a lot. If the flop was all black, I win $5 from Trip. If it was all red, he wins $5. Meanwhile, if there was a Jack on the flop, Wolf paid me $1. If there was a Queen, he'd get a buck. If there were both it was a push. If it weren't for these side bets, I'd easily be down $50 or more.

Man, I could go over it all, but I'll never do it justice. I even tried to list everyone who was there (all of whom I had an opportunity to chat (or play) with, but then all I would have is a laundry list. Instead, let's check out the highlights:

All in all, we raised a good amount of scratch for Cystic Fibrosis. I had a great weekend. The Bash even topped my family's Rosh Hashanah dinner (can you believe it! I can...). So, that is all. Now go sign up for one of the many weekly Blogger tournaments. Until next time, make mine poker.

posted by Jordan @ 5:08 PM,

12 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Blogger Pokerwolf said...

It was awesome to finally meet you, Jordan. Now, when I read your posts, I hear your voice. Heh.

It was really cool unwinding with you on Saturday night. The problem is that you un-wound and I didn't. I don't think I fell asleep until 4:45am or so.

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger slb159 said...

Thank goodness I was able to get Trip to his room successfully, or you would have had a missing roomate that night. Hehe.

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I was wondering what happened to Trip...

I'll say it again, it rocked to finally meet the folks that I missed in the Vegas tourney.

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger katitude said...

So great to put a face to the KEvin bacon voice *grin. Thanks for the help in Chinese Poker!

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

I've said this to you in person Kat, but I'll mention it here too. I'm not even particularly a fan of Kevin Bacon, and I probably wouldn't know his voice immedaitely if I heard it, yet somehow I find myself very complimented by the Kevin Bacon-voice-alike compliment. Oh, and I'm glad to have helped you with Chinese Poker. Sign up for Nine.com (through VPP, perhaps) and I'd love to play it with you again.

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Karol said...

Awwwwwww, Jordan, we totally like you too. We have to do more NY playing together.

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

You and GCox may find this funny, but today I was figuring out a way to IM G and apologize for not calling him and/or doing a dial-a-shot with him. I don't remember that one at all fellas.

Yikes!

Good times, Sir.

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger GaryC said...

Dude,

The thrill of my saturday night at home. Thank you both so much for making it happen, even though Trip doesn't remember it.

Sweet times, I will be there next year, count on it.

G

 
At 12:41 AM, Blogger Pseudo_Doctor said...

good recap of the event...btw my favorite drink is red bull and vodkas wish i could have been there and that sox naked paragraph absolutely hilarious i almost spit out my beer....gl at the tables

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger surflexus said...

Hey J, I won a $55+10 single table in to the $500+50 last night for today's Event# 2. Play starts at noon central time. Here we go!!!!!

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger CarmenSinCity said...

Oh my god! Sox Lover naked????? I'm not sure what to say about that. You should have taken a picture!!!

 
At 3:13 AM, Blogger Jules said...

No, no, I beg you..NO PICTURES OF SOX NAKED!

Great having a Dial a Shot with you, and no darling, I still don't have an Aussie accent :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home