Check It: DADI |

 




The Path to Destruction

I've been playing like a junkie lately. Last night, I found myself on my couch alternatively clicking register/unregister into a $20+2 Noble Poker MTT at 11pm. The jonesing eventually go the best of me, and 2 hours later, I was busting out of the money and way past my appropriate bed time.

I think I need to slow down.

Basically, since the AC loss, I guess I've been trying to win back my losses, instead of playing my A-game. So, I'm going to be a lot more cautious tonight, and hopefully, I'll skip playing all together. I say hopefully because the lack of interesting television and wifey Kim's early bed time can be a tempting thing. We shall see.

Whatever the case, I played at Mondays at the Hoy last night. In case you haven't heard, Hoyazo (aka HammerPlayer), has started a weekly $20+2 tournament on Mondays. Come along next week and join the fun. Details are on Hoy's site.

The sports betting has been the one light in my gambling life. I put some money on Korea over Togo this morning on a last minute hunch. The odds were something like $10 to win $11 profit, so I've continued my winning record, now 3-0. I have also placed bets on Frace over Switzerland. In fact, I placed the bet twice accidentally, for $14 to win $10 and $14.70 to win $10 (i.e., a combined $28.70 to win $20 profit). After reading a bit about France, I'm a little worried, but I'm also on a winning streak, so I'll let time tell what my fate will be. Finally, I got $26 to win $10 on Brazil over Croatia. This should be an easy win.

That's all for now. I needed to admit that I've been on the wrong path lately. It's time to reevaluate and refocus. Wish me luck. I'll need it.

posted by Jordan @ 10:58 AM,

6 Comments:

At 12:14 PM, Blogger Raveen said...

just remember with cash games its one long grind...not just multiple session...thats what i say to myself when i start pressing cause there is no need to press in cash games

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger MrGoss said...

You may want to try the Dallas +4 in Miami. Avery won't let his guys relax and the Diesel runs out of fuel in the 4th quarter (pun intended.)

Disclaimer: I live near Dallas but follow NBA closely.

MG

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger HighOnPoker said...

Hmm...I actually do want to make a bet on the next NBA game, but I don't have any knowledge to back it up. I'll consider your wager, Mr. Gross. My query is, do you think the under 188 is a better shot?

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Own the Flop said...

raveen is right. cash games are just one endless session so don't play if you're not in the right frame of mind. morons will be there next month just as they were there last month. no need to rush.

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Own the Flop said...

I'd go with Dallas to cover the 4 points, and I think they'll go over 188. Book it!

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger HighOnPoker said...

Fuck the French! I shoulda known they were going to half-ass it.

As for the Dallas-Miami game, I've placed a little under $30 on the Mavericks. Here's the thing though. I assumed that they would be giving 4 points, but it appears as though they are getting 4 points! I don't know if it is right. All I know is that next to DALLAS, it says +4. So, consider it booked!

Oh, and Brazil is ahead 1-0. I doubled up my bet on them after France, since I knew Brazil would be easy money. Crossing my fingers.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home