Check It: DADI |

 




Everything But the Poker

I've been putting off posting today because I'm not feeling too inspired. But it's time to get going. This won't be a poker-heavy post, hence the title. But I will touch on a little bit right off the bat.

I lost $30-40 last night. Basically, I started off in a Rio, which has changed slightly. The buy-in is now $20+3.50 instead of +3. That wouldn't be a big deal (it still isn't really), but when I moneyed in third place (out of 6!) I only won $0.50. WOOHOO! I then played a Heads Up SNG and lost. I was card dead and stupid, to boot. The last hand saw me push with mid pair Ts against a flush draw on the flop. I was shortstacked. The turn completed the flush and that was that. Finally, I played a $20+2 SNG on Poker.com, only to lose in 8th after over an hour! Insane. So, yeah, let's not talk about poker right now, since there are other interesting stuff.

Thanks for all of the comments on my treatise regarding buying in for the minimum. I love those discussions. I am especially proud that this site has lately been a hotbed of civil discourse. There is no flaming or insults. It's civilized debate. Thanks everyone.

So, World Cup, aye? That's not all of the sports betting I've been doing. On the advice of little bro Dave, I put $10 on the Mets last night (won) and $10 against the Yankees (lost). I also put $20 on Winky Wright to beat Taylor in their match tonight. This concludes the section where I bet on things without the slightest comprehension of what I'm doing.

But the World Cup! Now that's a whole other thing. Yesterday, I lost by betting on Ukraine over Spain ($10), won in the last minutes with Germany over Poland ($30 profit), and lost on Saudia Arabia over Tunisia in the last minutes ($10), for a profitable day, overall. Today, I won my morning bet on Ecuador over Costa Rica ($20), and lost my Tie bet on England v. Trinidad & Tobago ($5; on the logic that it cost too much to be on England, and T&T had no chance of winning). I've also put $11.30 to win $10 profit on Paraguay to tie or beat Sweden. So far so good there, as its still tied at half time.

So, the sports betting continues.

Now I need your help. I have, what they call, anticipatory buyers remorse. After selling my Nevada Jacks gift certificate that I won in the PSO Blogger Freeroll, and earning over $165 in gift certificates via PSO, I can afford a 4G iPod Nano. But I can't help but get the feeling that it is a bad idea. In the morning, I prefer to listen to the radio when I can (i.e., when I'm not in the subway, which makes up 60% of my commute). Is there something worthwhile that I can put on my iPod that I can't on my dinky 516mb (or whatever) Sandisk mp3 player? Is there something better to spend the $250 on? Shit people, let me know if you have an iPod or if you know of a place to get good iPod content, cause I could use some advice.

That's it for today. Shittiest post ever.

posted by Jordan @ 3:46 PM,

9 Comments:

At 4:17 PM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Jordan, do you ever download poker podcasts? There are a few sources for good stuff, although it's not like the top quality poker podcasts are updated daily. But I bet you could spend a good deal of time listening to podcasts from the past few months on poker or whatever other topic you are interested in.

Hey man did you see I'm going to the WSOP? Full tilt is da bomb!

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

WHA? Great Hoy! Congratulations!

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger MrGoss said...

Pony up the extra 50 bucks and get the Ipod video. 30 GB and it holds enough songs to last you a while. Also, you can dowload a compression program that will allow you to store about 15 or so movies and still have 1000 songs.

One of my buddies had one when we flew to Reno and it made the flight from Dallas almost painless.

I highly recommend them.

MG

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger MrGoss said...

One more thing. You may want to think about a parlay bet when you have a really lop-sided game and a pretty sure bet on another. I played the England and Ecuador parlay and it was 10 gets me 20. I also played the England and Costa Rica parlay just to see if I they could pull off the upset. I won 26 cents overall, but it was win a little or win a lot either way. Can't beat that.

MG

Dallas first to score 20 on the prop bet. Avery will make them run since they had a slow pace on Tuesday. Go Mavs.

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

Sweden fucked you in the last few minutes. Doh!

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger GoHogs21 said...

Jordan, first of all in my mind, not the shittiest post ever...theres that....2nd of all, the JT vs. Wrong fight is tomm night and Winky doesn't stand a chance against my boy Jermain, although I am extremely bias considering I am from Little rock, and have met JT on numerous occasions...And lastly, thw world cup could be the downfall of the United States, good thing its only every 4 years, almost as exciting as watching the Ivy League Rowing Championships...just my two cents...Later

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

It isn't the first time I've been fucked by a Swede!

I've put $10 on Dallas to score the first 15 pts, and $10 on the under 189.5 for the hell of it. Thanks MG.

I also placed bets on MEXICO over Angola, ARGENTIA over Serbia/Montenagro, and NETHERLANDS over the Ivory Coast. I love if they tie, so let's cross our fingers and hope that the favorites can hold up.

 
At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got my 4gb iPod nano from the pokerstars fpp store today! It definitely wouldn't be a mistake to get one.
Or even better, you could wait for the nintendo Wii to come out!

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

I already have buyers remorse on the Wright bet...but we'll see, wont we?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home