Check It: DADI |

 




Jumping Weekend

My poker attention span may have hit an all new low this weekend. But first, I finally received my bonus from I-PokerTable.com. I figured I owed somewhat of an update. I plan on continuing play there, especially with my recent poker play.

See, lately I'll hop on a table, take a small lead, and then get antsy and move on. My recent patterns have me start at Razz on FullTilt. I love Razz. I can't get enough of the freakin game. Even so, after a while I'll get up and move to the mirco NL tables .10/.20 or .10/.25, $25 Max Buy-in. I'll play there for a bit and go back to Razz.

I've found out some interesting things. First, Razz is a lot easier than some other poker games (I'm looking at your Stud and Stud H/L). Generally speaking, you just play the board cards.

For any newbies, Razz is 7-Card Stud Lo. Basically, you are trying to get the worst hand possible, but straights and flushes don't count. The best hand is razz is A2345, followed by A2346, and A2356.

With the monkeys playing at FullTilt (1/2 and .50/1 levels), you can play it pretty simple. If your cards beat the other player's board, bet. If not, check and call if you have a decent draw. Even if you don't have a decent draw, if your opponent's next card is pairs their board or is a high card to your low, you can bet out and take it there.

I can not tell you how many times I had a board like Q6/3 (3 showing, Q6 hidden), and called a bet. The other player with xx/2 gets another 2 or a Q and I get a 6, so I have Q6/36 and they have xx/2Q, and suddenly when I bet, they go into the tank. Or, more realistically they call and I can scare them away when their next card is a J and mine is a 7.

Now, I'm not suggesting that this is an overall winning strategy. It's just that it worked with the monkeys I was playing with. I mean, real banana-loving freaks. It helped that the table was severely shorthanded usually, with only 3 or 4 players.

I tried playing some Stud later in the night with Waffle, but it was to ill effect. I was forcing the action, hoping to make some hands. Plus, I was still in Razz mode, where a well timed bet was all that it took (at FullTilt's tables, at least). And once you throw in flushes and straights, memorizing the exposed cards becomes a lot more crucial in Stud. That and hand selection is key. One thing I know about stud is that your starting hands better be impressive. Otherwise, you are asking for trouble.

I'm itching to play live. I wanted to play today, but wifey Kim wants to spend some time together after work. My work, that is. Lucky girl has the day off for Martin Luther King, Jr. He was a great man, but I can't help but feel like his holiday is neglected by most people who just want a day off. Ha! Listen to me, champion of the people! I'm choking on my own self-righteousness.

That is all for today. Have a great Reverend Doctor Martin Luther King, Jr. day or as I call it Rev. Dr. M.L.K. Jr. Day, for short.

This post is brought to you by the letter K, the number 9, and the suit heart!

posted by Jordan @ 8:51 AM,

6 Comments:

At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have no problem taking the day off. And I like it!!

 
At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seen that same level of play on FTP up to 2/4 as well. And F-Train gave me a great piece of advice the other night when we played online together - a smooth draw is better than a made 8, so draw if you're drawing to a 5 or 6, and your odds are still strong.

And God, i-pokertable is full of donkeys. Maybe the softest play I've ever seen from anyone not me :).

 
At 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

J,
I don't know if it is just me (or my computer), but I can't get that pic for PokerOnFilm to come up. It just gives an error on the page. I was interested to see it too. Anyway, thought you'd like to know...

 
At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trip, erase the last period. I cut and pasted the web page in a sentence and ended the sentence with a period. So, if you cut and paste, the period is still there on the end, and it misdirects the browser.

I made a banner for Poker on Film. Take a look at the banner HERE.

Expect the pic to be tinted blue before put up on that site.

If anyone else would like a new banner for their site, all I need to know is the size and any ideas you may have. I can't promise anything, but I like doing these things, so I'm offering up my services.

 
At 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So basically Razz is the low part of Omaha H/L? Sounds pretty interesting. I won't be able to open up a FT account until I build up my Stars one though.

And what's with the double post, n00b? :-)

 
At 11:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's really cool of you J. I know Kipper and DNasty were wanting something, but I haven't had time to do anything...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home