Check It: DADI |

 




SNG accent on the G

I played two SNGs last night with GCox on Titan Poker. We changed things up a bit and played the $10, 10-person game. In the first one, GCox and I placed 2nd and 3rd, respectively. RiverRun, a blog reader, placed 1st. Good game to him. He kept the pressure on and played solid all around. A good job to G and I as well. At one point, it didn't look like G and I were going anywhere in the SNG. But G doubled up with his QT v. AT (and did it again later in the game with the exact same cards), and I was able to make some choice aggressive plays. I eventually went out when I bluffed my 28o into RiverRun's Ax. I deserved to lose that one for sure. A little while earlier, I raised in the SB v. RiverRun's BB, and he pushed. I must've had about 800-1200 chips in the pot already, and had an additional 2400 to play with. I had to lay it down after his re-raise, as I held only 7c3c. He showed his AJo, and I replied, "Damn." He asked, "Did you have me? I thought you were stealing the blinds." "Nope, I held AQ. I thought you had a pocket pair." I lied. Sue me! G also had the skillz to pull off a bluff with the hammer. There was still 6 or 7 players still in the tourney, and when he won, he typed, "Hammer time!" RiverRun replied, "I love the hammer," thus outing himself as a reader. Not one of our readers (yet), but a reader nonetheless. It's always nice to see the influence of bloggers. I should have posted this sooner, but check this out. The Hammer on Wikipedia, with a reference to the Poker Grub, one of my favorite bloggers (I once printed out all of his old posts and carried them around like a book for short subway rides...highly recommended).

In the second SNG, I dropped the hammer as well. I raised pre-flop UTG at a full table, then showed my bluff. Donkeying all the way. I lost the tournament when I suffered two big losses. I then went into covert tilt. I held 77 and thought that it was time to steal chips. There were only two players left to act, the SB and BB, and I had 1,700 in chips, so they would need premium cards to call. I didn't even mind getting called by two overs. However, I was called by AQo and 88, and I go home. It didn't feel like tilt, but I guess it may've looked like it. Lose two hands and then push with 77 when you have enough chips to last a while? That's the way the cookie crumbles.

Roose and Hole went to Genoa last night, but lost the tournament. Meanwhile, I was in NJ reading a book instead of paying attention to the crappy class. Will wonders never cease? So, that was that. Maybe on Thursday, but we'll see if wifey Kim goes for that. She is the sunshine of my life, and I could use a bit more tanning, so it's really me who is flip-flopping.

Toto, I have a feeling we are not in Titan anymore.

posted by Jordan @ 9:11 AM,

6 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, Blogger GaryC said...

Nice post J. As always, I had a great time and appreciate the invite.

G

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Dave said...

Tag-team SNG's can be fun with another buddy, especially when you've got a Instant Messenger session going.

I've been sharing my SNG experiences with my son in college. He plays 2-table SNGs and I like playing 1-table SNGs. We tell each other when a big hand is coming and we railbird each others sessions. We have yet to play in the same SNG however, mainly we want to avoid any perception of collusion.

I haven't been back to Titan since my PSO promo was completed. I'm all cashed out from Titan except for about 40 cents lol. Perhaps another day I'll put back in some $$ and play more SNGs there. I liked their Maui SNGs.

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

Where do you play, Chipper? I'm currently at Titan, Paradise and Royal Vegas. If you decide to sign up for one of those or if you already have an account, shoot me an email (brodybanky@aol.com) with your IM info. Maybe we can meet up and play in an SNG. I suggest also checking out Little Acorn Poker, as he is setting up a weekly SNG amongst bloggers at Royal Vegas (sign up through VegasPokerPro.com to get an extra bonus prize, and preferably use the VPP link on my site while you are at it).

And as for fear of collussion, just don't cheat and try not to let people know that you know each other at the table. I doubt anyone will check up on you and your son if you play legitimately. For even more fun, when one of you lose a hand, the other one should make some snide comment, and then you should bicker back and forth like strangers duking it out over a stupid comment. I always find that one fun.

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger D said...

Whenever we play together, I feel sorry for the other people at the table. Not because of collusion, but because we know how each other play. My raise may mean a hell of a lot more to Gary or Jordan than it does to an unknown at the table. With that said the fun part is the IM, where you can swear all you want when Gary steals your blinds. Or watch as Jordan prepares to unleash on unsuspecting player.

 
At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have now converted me to a reader...great blog and i guess I can forgive you for lieing to me about the AQ hand!! Im just glad I owned two bloggers in the same SNG!!! :)

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

Owned? OWNED? Oh, it's on! I made you a "Buddy" on Titan, and I plan on finding you and challenging you to another match. RiverRun, you can find me on AOL Instant Messenger as BrodyBanky and Yahoo Instant Messenger as HighOnPokr (leave off the last E for +EV). If you have either, look me up and lets have a rematch SNG or Heads Up SNG.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home